Hacking Its possible install VHBL on FW3.60 with Henkaku and Adrenaline without PS Store and no demo ?

czy100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How can I install the VHBL from Henkaku without access to the PSN? Maybe someone will make a demo of PSP games for PS Vita available, which I will be able to upgrade to VHBL?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Is there any particular reason you would want VHBL on Henkaku? It's basically just a gimped PSP mode that can't run PSP/PS1 games, all it was useful for is PSP homebrew...which you can just run on Adrenaline.

As far as I'm aware, you'll still need a PSP demo for VHBL. You could try using the ReStore and ReNpDRM that would grant you access to the PS Store (so long as you have a PSN account linked). Otherwise, I'm not aware of any other way to reliably add a PSP demo to your Vita.

Reactions: VictorMoreno015

czy100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is there any particular reason you would want VHBL on Henkaku? It's basically just a gimped PSP mode that can't run PSP/PS1 games, all it was useful for is PSP homebrew...which you can just run on Adrenaline.

Yes.If I have VHBL I will be able to install emulators.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so there are basically two types of hacks for the Vita: PSP Mode, and native Vita mode.

PSP mode is a sandboxed mode design to run using original PSP hardware, at original PSP specs. This means you're limited to the PSP's 333mhz MIPS SoC and 32-64MB of RAM. Adrenaline, ARK, and VHBL are all PSP mode hacks that allow you to use PSP software only. Adrenaline is a full fledged PSP mode CFW, it essentially gives you the exact same access as a normal PSP would, including homebrew and PSP/PS1 games. ARK is a lesser CFW that has access to PSP backups and homebrew, and sound-less PS1 games. VHBL only gives you access to PSP homebrew, period. Again, note that these three hacks are limited to the PSP mode sandbox with limited hardware access, meaning emulators aren't using the full Vita's power.

Then there's native Vita hacks. There are two major releases, Rejuvenate (which is obsolete), and Henkaku, which is the latest and best Vita hack which you say you're currently running. This gives us virtually complete access to the Vita's hardware, which includes 512MB of RAM, the quad core 444mhz ARM CPU, and the PowerVR GPU. We also get Vita backups and Vita homebrew to run, which can take advantage of this bump in hardware specs for better emulation and homebrew.

If you have Henkaku, then there's no reason whatsoever to use VHBL for any PSP homebrew, period. You could run all the same things in Adrenaline, which you have, with no problems whatsoever.

If all you want is emulation, then I suggest you look into installing Retroarch on your Vita: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-libretro-thread-ps-vita-edition-nightlies-included.437034/ < This gives you access to a ton of different emulators for various systems, most of which generally run better than in PSP mode.

Reactions: Deleted User

czy100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And that's what it was all about!
RetroArch allows you to run the ZX Spectrum emulator that I wanted, I just need to read on the project page how to install the emulator and how to configure it on the RetroArch platform.
Big thanks Tom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.