It's possible change Wii ID name game from NTSCU to PAL

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by OriginalHamster, Jun 10, 2013.

1. OriginalHamster
    OP

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I want exchange Pandoras Tower PAL, Id: SX3P01 to SX3EXJ.
    I have the retail game in NTSCU but it has an annoying game breaking bug, so I will download PAL version and make it as NTSCU. Both games are exactly the same except for the bug, also it's possible keep my NTSCU save for the PAL version? What I need to do?

Thanks!

2. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    You might be able to change the save with a hex editor (upload a version dumped with SGM GX), but what is this game-breaking glitch? I haven't even played my USA copy since I opened it.

3. OriginalHamster
    OP

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    You can't enter to Towers 11-12 later in the game if you resume your playthrough (save-loading), you need make some tricks to get past, unfortunely there's no a single method that works for everyone, some needs put the timer to certain hour, others need trigger a cutscene, etc...

4. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    That's lame. I really only bought the US version to support the developers though. Anyway, upload your save file. Make sure it's dumped with SGM GX though.

5. Apostrophe

Apostrophe VIDEO GAMES

Apr 30, 2013
    United States
    I've messed around with changing game ID's, changing region save files, and all of the stuff you're talking about, but with gamecube games.

From my experience, it might be just as simple as changing your PAL game's ID from SX3P01 to SX3EXJ, which you can do with a hex editor such as HxD.
    Simply open your ISO in HxD, highlight the "P01" in SX3P01, and type "EXJ", save it, and the region should be changed.

However, I can't say if the game will encounter bugs or not. I'd recommend backing up your save file before doing this and switching back to your NTSC game as soon as you're past the game breaking part.

6. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    That won't work for changing the save file it uses. You have to edit the save and the directory it installs to.

7. Apostrophe

Apostrophe VIDEO GAMES

Apr 30, 2013
    United States
    Original Hamster doesn't need to change the save file. They could either change the save file to be PAL or change the game they're playing to read NTSCU saves. Either way the game breaking bug would be avoided.

8. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    No, because changing the title ID doesn't change where the save file is read/written. I've messed with this stuff quite a bit.

9. Apostrophe

Apostrophe VIDEO GAMES

Apr 30, 2013
    United States
    Ah alright. I was just speaking based on my experience with gamecube saves. I guess the save system isn't as similar as I thought it was.

10. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Well for one it saves directly to the NAND instead of a memory card.

11. OriginalHamster
    OP

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Yep JoostinOnline is right changing the game ID is not enough, it will not check your NTSCU save, it needs to be injected in a PAL save bessel.
    Anyway it works, only detail is the save display still being PAL :P, but it's just me being picky.

I tried edit the ISO itself trying to change the save target that the game search for, but I end creating a dual layered size game XD

OMG 10mins for Nintendo Direct!!!! <__<

12. sr_corsario

sr_corsario GBAtemp Fan

Jun 11, 2008
    Mmmm... did you try with the "old" Partition Builder?

it used to do it . It was used to do custom mario kart games or new super mario bros. (getting a new save game id)

Well its just an idea...

13. OriginalHamster
    OP

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I just change the ID with Wii ISO renamer, but it still creates a PAL save, never heard of partition builder, where can I start? :P

14. sr_corsario

sr_corsario GBAtemp Fan

Jun 11, 2008
  15. OriginalHamster
    OP

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Nice I have both, any not so complex tutorial? I searched for it but the one availables get into complex things like replacing textures, objects, no idea where the save generator is within the ISO.

16. sr_corsario

sr_corsario GBAtemp Fan

Jun 11, 2008
    :shy: you have to use "WiiPartitionBinChanger" (in the pack)

its very "simple", with your experience you will not have any problem :teach:

JoostinOnline likes this.
  17. OriginalHamster
    OP

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Those are the files in the DATA Partition:

[​IMG]

Now I should extract a .bin file right, but what contains the save game :unsure:, I used to edit VC games, but never touched/created saves, it's completely new for me :P

18. OriginalHamster
    OP

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Yay! it worked, thanks for the tutorial, it was very simple indeed, now I have the PAL game code in complete NTSCU format XD
    Thank you very much

19. sr_corsario

sr_corsario GBAtemp Fan

Jun 11, 2008
    :grog: nice to help!

20. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    I'm glad to know there is another way, but I still don't understand why you didn't upload the save file. It would have taken me like 1 minute max to change it.