It's cold

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by cenotaph, Nov 2, 2006.

Nov 2, 2006

It's cold by cenotaph at 8:02 PM (1,409 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. cenotaph
    OP

Member cenotaph GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I hate this time of the year, 'cause you can't be outside without freezing your ears off. Also... there's snow outside. I detest snow.

Discuss.

2. Extreme Coder

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    You should be grateful you have snow, I never saw or touched snow for real >_>

3. 5uck3rpunch

Member 5uck3rpunch Surf Monster!

United States
    I lived in the North US for my 1st 25 years & snow gets old fast. I live in Texas now & it hardly snows. It's great!

4. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Same here :´(

5. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    the weather seems to be changing lately, I recall it not snowing last year in my area till february...

6. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    It snowed here on early October.... it really sucks.

7. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Didn't snow here last year at all. It usually at least ices a time or two.
    It's the global warming i tells ya!!!! [​IMG]

8. Sc4rFac3d

Member Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    yup, it's cold alright. started to wear my big buff jacket from last year again today. feel kinda feverish too. [​IMG]

9. lookout

Member lookout GBAtemp Board Room

United Kingdom
    Greenhouse rules seem working...

10. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    It's awful cold here too (0-6 degrees celsius). I just ordered new shoes yesterday! [​IMG] The first ice was on my car yesterday and the first snow was falling this morning, damn it, I hate winter!

11. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    It's a freaking blizzard here right now.

12. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Okay so my definition of cold is probably very different to some of yours (canada = ouch), but it has been f'king freezing here this week. I brought a new, nice thick coat at the weekend (gasp omg only taken me 3 years to find one I actually like) and Id've been stuffed on Wednesday if I hadn't had it. First frost this morning too.

Cloud has a silver lining though; coldness = perfect reason for consuming more cheap tea. Yay!

UK dude commenting earlier was right; over here snow gets later and later each year. Usually January- Febuary now. And a crazy ass light sprinkling in April (not kidding just you watch; it comes down but it's too short to actually settle or anything)

13. Azimuth

Member Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Canada
    iv lived in the both extremes of temperature and the cold in canada is terrible, the weather is unpredictable over here one minute its sunny the next ur hands r twitching from frostbite.So to all of the ppl that live in the middle east or around the equator ur LUCKY

14. teh_raf3

Member teh_raf3 Whatever suits you

Belgium
    It's getting colder here (Belgium) but it has been exceptionally warm this year. And also like Dice says, it's starting to snow much later then it used to. It normally would start snowing at the end of December, but the last few years, snow started falling in late-February, the beginning of March... (and it sucks).

But I really like it when it snows, it makes everything so peaceful and pretty [​IMG]

15. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I wish that snow would fall during winter time and not sometime in March. I remember planting some seed and when I went inside, BAM, blizzard. I went to Hong Kong and the thing that strikes you is the weather. You walk outside and it's like you opened an oven door..... can't wait to go there next year. I'm gonna leave the cold weather of Scotland behind.... and then probably get caught up in a storm and I can't sleep cos I'm drenched in sweat.

16. Extreme Coder

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Wow.. If you guys love warm weather and hate cold weather, we should swap places then:P

17. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Hmm I live in a very "good" part of Germany if you look by the weather ("good" cuz I don't really like it, but most other ppl like it ...).

When I was small around 15 years ago we had plenty of snow in winther and plenty of sun in summer but now ....

Here where i life there is barely any snow in winter and its not very warm in summer ...

18. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Not over here. [​IMG] It's really pretty and cool if you're staying home and don't have much to do. But otherwise... well, lets just say 1cm of snow is enough to plunge the UK's entire road network into something far from peaceful (and the looks on those driver's faces far from pretty too) [​IMG] Yeah, we suck when it comes to coping with snow.

19. Foie

Member Foie That one guy

United States
    I live near Portland, Oregon. I hate it. The weather in the summer is pretty good. Sunny but not too hot. Nut in winter:

RAIN. All the time. Barely any snow. I hate it. We get lucky if we get one snowfall in a winter. I want to move to some other state somewhere in the middle where it actually snows. (How's Minnesota?) But I would like to keep the warm weather in the winter. Any suggestions?

20. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    I live in Chester, England and today is the first time since last winter that I had to de-ice my car in the morning after work. Also the gritters were out tonight so yup, I guess the chilly season is really ere.