Its been awhile but want to check my settings

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by CORRUPT27, Jun 29, 2016.

1. CORRUPT27
    OP

CORRUPT27 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2010
    United States
    Good Day everyone,

I hacked my wii a long time ago. But havent touched it in awhile. I currently have a hard drive formated to wbfs with a few games. I was hoping to start playing some gamecube backups, moving my isos to a ntfs hard drive and putting some emulator roms on a hard drie . But I would like to make sure i have the latest and greatest IOS and programs. Can someone point me in the right direction. Not sure if the old turorials still worked. When i first did this i was able to get the latest IOS from the download feature. Does this still work? Thank you for your help

2. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Member

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2016
    United States
    Earth
    You can use this to tell which version you have...

3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Don't use that old syscheck. Use this one.

WBFS as a drive partition is not recommended anymore and you can't run GC games from anything but FAT32 so it's best to use that for both.

4. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Member

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2016
    United States
    Earth
    Oh that's right, forgot about that one. Definitely recommend it.

5. CORRUPT27
    OP

CORRUPT27 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2010
    United States
    OK Cool so then i just post the output from the IOS report? Also the WBFS compresses the iso and makes them alot smaller than the acutal image. Some images that show 4gig take up to 2gig.
    Will i still be able to do this without the WBFS?

6. CORRUPT27
    OP

CORRUPT27 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2010
    United States
    OK guys here is my syscheck
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

ok sorry i am not to good at posting nor do i want to be a pain. Can you let me know if i need to and how to update my IOS. I am pretty sure that they are very old.

Thanks for the help.

7. Clutz450

Clutz450 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2013
    United States
    Easiest way in my opinion is to download a program called ModMii (https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/ or http://www.modmii.comuf.com/). It has a syscheck updater option which allows you to take that syscheck you just created and run it through ModMii. It will then analyze your syscheck and automatically download everything you need and even generate for you an easy to follow guide on how to update. Try it out and if you have any concerns or questions just ask.

8. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    WBFS files are also compressed. They're actually the same data as what's on a WBFS partition but redirected to a file instead. Wii Backup Manager (and Wiimm's ISO Tools) can split the WBFS files at 4GB so the larger games will fit on a FAT32 drive. All recent cIOSes can handle the two-file ones transparently when playing the game.

(It probably wouldn't hurt to change your IOS249 to d2x cIOS. r17 is pretty old.)

Last edited by GreyWolf, Jun 30, 2016