Hacking It's been a while, been out of the loop, really after some friendly advice!

Bmastergeneral

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Sorry for duplicate - typed the post and then registered, didn't realise it would auto post the original thread so i did it again...SORRY!

Morning guys! With the imminent approach of Christmas and the long days spent inside with family approaching i thought id dust off my switch, add a few new games to my santa wishlist and get the whole family involved with some smash bros brawling!

Herein lies my problem though, where i have been out of the scene for so long and after reading quite a lot of similar but quite different issues and questions i'm not entirely sure which way to proceed!

Switch is on 5.1.0 and SX OS 1.8, never been online, have taken NAND dump, I really don't want to encounter any issues with games recently released and so I guess i'm after some advice on my options:

- Is there any value in staying on this FW or having the ability to downgrade if i so choose?
- Is there a current/recommended version to be on for SYSNAND & SX OS? - should i let the Switch/Nintendo do this via the official channels?
- I dont fancy enabling AUTORCM, can i update without doing this? This is mainly due to potential battery probs and the inability to shut the switch down entirely, although given what i have said above if it's pointless i am happy to be advised/convinced otherwise!

Any other help or assistance you can provide surrounding my above issues would be most welcome!

Thank you all in advance.

Last edited by Bmastergeneral,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
1) You can update to 9.0.1 and still downgrade later on. Be sure to enable autoRCM (enabled by default if you update with ChoiDujourNX).
2) Both can be on the latest firmware (9.1.0), but I would recommend 9.0.1 until everything is stable.
3) You can update without enabling autoRCM but this will burn fuses of your switch if you boot once with official boot loader to SysNAND. So if you want to downgrade later, you would need custom boot loader to boot to SysNAND.

Reactions: Naxster

Bmastergeneral

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Thanks for taking the time to reply to what was probably a regurgitated topic on here!

Have noted your advice and will give it a whirl tonight.

I remember why I was so fond of this community, will endeavour not to stay away for so long next time!

joe90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hold on a mo.. So if we do NOT have autoRCM enabled, if we just normally boot into the orginal FW, (after upgrading via ChoiDujourNX previously) it will burn the efuses?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hold on a mo.. So if we do NOT have autoRCM enabled, if we just normally boot into the orginal FW, (after upgrading via ChoiDujourNX previously) it will burn the efuses?
If you don't have autoRCM enabled and boot with official Nintendo boot loader to OFW, your switch will burn fuses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr