Gaming It's a Wonderful World coming to Europe

bollocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
they're calling it "The World Ends With You" which is probably what it'll be called in the US as well...

press release -
QUOTE said:
London (5th December 2007) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU™, an exciting new title from the makers of KINGDOM HEARTS, will be released exclusively on the Nintendo DS™ handheld system across all PAL territories in spring 2008.

Previously known as Subarashiki Kono Sekai™ on its release in Japan. THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU is an innovative new title from Square Enix that fully utilizes the capabilities of the Nintendo DS, and takes major influence from Japan’s modern day culture including its people, music, clothes, food and design.

Set in Tokyo’s trendiest district, the story begins with the lead character Neku waking up to find a phone message stating he has only 7 days before he will cease to exist. Only with the coolest fashions, friends and fighting skills can Neku restore hope to the city’s population and prevent being stricken from existence altogether!

John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “Square Enix has traditionally been associated with RPG’s set in fantasy lands, but THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU is our first ever game to be set in modern times and real-life locations. The use of the Nintendo DS functionality is second to none. We believe gamers of all ages and abilities will be able to enjoy all that THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU has to offer.”
More…

About THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU

Story

The story begins as our hero, Neku, wakes up amidst the hustle and bustle of Shibuya, Tokyo. Confused and disoriented, he receives a message on his phone warning him that he will cease to exist unless he completes a certain mission. With his life seemingly on the line, Neku plunges into the back streets of the urban labyrinth...

Features
- Experience the urban grit and neon of the coolest district in Tokyo with a distinctive, high quality style of in-game artwork
- Meet an achingly hip cast of characters each with an interesting personality and stylish sense in fashion, music and culture
- Highly innovative and intuitive combat system that makes full use of the Nintendo DS Touch Screen, Dual Screens and Microphone like no other game before it!
- Use fantastic psychic powers to read the thoughts of the population, put words into people’s minds, and move objects to help you progress in your adventure!
- Immerse yourself in an amazing audio soundtrack featuring a diverse fusion of bleeding-edge hip-hop, rock, and techno
- A tale of friendship, hope and overcoming your challenges, creatively told with a modern edge
- Shop till you drop! Keep abreast of the latest Trends to stay one step ahead of the fashion scene and your enemies. Trade items with friends using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection too
- Action-packed minigame fun that can be enjoyed by up to four players via DS Wireless Play!
- Engage the Chance Encounter mode via DS Wireless Play to share data with fellow game users you bump into in the real world

- ends -

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's awesome news! This is a weird one I've been dying to try out for myself. I tinkered with the Japanese version, but couldn't get too far, and couldn't, of course, enjoy it really. It seems to have a lot of unique style to it, so I very much look forward to playing an English version.

Thanks for the update.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
The new title is more fitting to this game..
I can't wait to play this
biggrin.gif

lilfrankie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it's a bad idea to change the title... It's Wonderful World sound much better... Oh well... it's not that my complaining will change something.

Cheers!

Well, that's the problem. They HAD to change the title, 'cause there were some copyright problemes with this name, since it was already used for a US book/film/whatever.

Nthenorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm liking the new name as well. I didn't get really far in the japanese version but it was pretty fun from what I've played.

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man, I hate the new title... especially the part that is "... with you".

It's a Wonderful World = Win.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Ugh. Hate the new title.

I guess it's a small price to pay though, since now I'll be able to beat it, take full advantage of all the games features, and actually understand the story line.

But man... the fanboys are going to get very annoying though.

HEY GUISE I HER THAT A NEW KINGDEM HARTS IS COMEN OUT BUT SORA IS WERIN PURPLE NAO

kazuki_pl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
lilfrankie said:
Well, that's the problem. They HAD to change the title, 'cause there were some copyright problemes with this name, since it was already used for a US book/film/whatever.

Hmmm, didn't know that - why? I don't read too much news...

Anyway... new title sux...

Cheers

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
lilfrankie said:

Anyway... new title sux...

Cheers
Apparently there's an old movie titled "It's A Wonderful World" that's already copyrighted. Lame, isn't it?

lilfrankie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
lilfrankie said:

I think my original post was pretty clear, right?
happy.gif

Im SO looking forward to this game, or the translation on this forum..
Kingdom Hearts three five eight over two Days (yeah, you kinda say it like that) is what I'm looking forward to the most, hope they don't get released in the same time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw