It's a good day to be a gamer

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I love this time of year. Not for Santa or the various other mythological beings. Fuck no. I love it for something tangible. We know for an absolute FACT that this is real and it gives us hope. That's right, the VGA's. I mean come on, reveals for Mass Effect 3 (well, we knew it was coming but the trailer's sweet), Kratos in Mortal Kombat (I'm not a fan of either but the fanboys must be spooging on their Kratos love pillows right now), Elder Scrolls 5, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, damn it's good to be a gamer right now.

The ironic thing is that I recently started to replay Mass Effect 2 to get my 'perfect' file ready for the inevitable Mass Effect 3, then details start leaking literally the day after I start. Coincidence? I think not. It's called Fate rewarding me for enduring the endless waves of bile and bullshit the world throws at us all as humans every hour of every day. Example, right now my left hand is completely disabled for reasons utterly unknown. It just starting hurting like hell earlier and shows no signs of stopping. Here's hoping it doesn't have to be amputated or anything, I got a lot of quality gaming heading my way. Now back to Gametrailers to eagerly await the UK release date of the 3DS and the details of the starting lineup. If it has Lylat Wars, Zelda, Kid Ikarus, Mario Kart and any decent RPG, I'm in. Cash, on release day, probably the midnight launch. Not because I'm excited about the 3DS so much as being excited about finally having enough cash to buy a console and not even bat an eyelid and dropping that sort of cash.

Anyone else going nuts over the reveals right now? What's your favourite/most eagerly awaited reveal?

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Not really, most are western games and I don't like most of them. I think January will be a much better month to be a gamer with the FNC conference and (if what IGN said is true) 3DS info!
My most awaited reveal is whatever they reveal at the FNC conference of course
biggrin.gif
Also about the launch game lineup of 3DS, let's all hope it includes that Paper Mario game, it'll surely be more than a decent RPG!

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You know what'd be funny? If Nintendo finish the 3DS and get it ready for action, then don't give out any details about a launch. Then wait for one of these big events and in the middle of the press conference, when asked 'when is the 3DS becoming available?', the heads of the company just look calm, point to a stand which has appeared while everyone was distracted, and say 'its over there, help yourselves.'

Just to see the expression on people's faces. As the big shots all look on with that look on their faces like 'it was over there the whole time, didn't you notice?'. OK, maybe not the mosty professional of console launches but damn, it'd be worth seeing just once with some big new game. Like a high def PS3 remake of FF7 or something. Just Square Enix coming out and saying 'what? we finished that months ago, it's over there.'

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
VGA's are a joke.

QUOTE said:
Yeah, I can't wait for more 3DS info.

VGA's aren't about giving info. It's more about trailer reveals. Which means it's going to be hard to top Mass Effect 3.
pretty much this, but I think the TESV already topped mass effect 3 and an uncharted 3 trailer is coming up

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
VGA's are a joke.

The VGA's have just given me things to look forward to for pretty much the next 6 months or so, something to keep my spirits up when the world's being a total whore. If they're a joke, they're a very good joke. The clean sort of joke you can tell at a dinner party and everyone laughs and thinks you're great.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
You know what'd be funny? If Nintendo finish the 3DS and get it ready for action, then don't give out any details about a launch. Then wait for one of these big events and in the middle of the press conference, when asked 'when is the 3DS becoming available?', the heads of the company just look calm, point to a stand which has appeared while everyone was distracted, and say 'its over there, help yourselves.'

Just to see the expression on people's faces. As the big shots all look on with that look on their faces like 'it was over there the whole time, didn't you notice?'. OK, maybe not the mosty professional of console launches but damn, it'd be worth seeing just once with some big new game. Like a high def PS3 remake of FF7 or something. Just Square Enix coming out and saying 'what? we finished that months ago, it's over there.'

Funny...i think there was a company that did that...
Now they dont make consoles anymore...
Oh yeah, sega with the Saturn.

QUOTEAt the very first E3 in May 1995, Sega's President Tom Kalinske committed a blunder of epic proportions long before Steve Jobs made it cool -- he announced that the "Saturnday" was a ruse and it was available that very day in select retailers. Of course, this announcement caught most major retailers off guard (Wal-mart for one) and aside from availability in those few stores, the console was scarce.

In one fell swoop, the video game industry and retailers were shocked at Sega's ridiculous move. And to make matters worse, third-party developers didn't know about Sega's real launch date, meaning games weren't ready, and the Saturn's pricepoint -- $399 -- was $100 more expensive than the Playstation.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-9861122-17.html

Now i think that the 3DS would have a better chance lol but still...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No sharing
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Too bad, they already drank it.
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know...