iTouch MicroSD errors

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by geminisama, Aug 8, 2008.

Aug 8, 2008

iTouch MicroSD errors by geminisama at 2:57 PM (1,060 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. geminisama
    OP

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    Hey. I have a question. Whenever I plug in either of my MicroSD cards, Windows tells me they have an error, and to scan and fix it. It also says it's probably cause I don't use the "safely remove hardware" option, but I do. I always do that before removing, and I've tried with all 3 options, but I still have an error whenever I plug in my cards. This applies to the shitty reader that came with the iTouch, and with a reader I bought elsewhere. It also happens, regardless of which adapter for the card I use (If I'm using the store bought reader). Anyone know how to NOT get these errors?

Thanks in advance.

Oh, I'll upload two screenshots, in case they can help.

Here is what I get when I plug in a MicroSD card.
    [​IMG]

And here are my options, using the "safely remove hardware."
    [​IMG]

2. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    Try to format your sd card.

3. geminisama
    OP

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    Just got done doing that, and it didn't fix anything. I still got the "scan and fix errors?" message, and it told me some corrupt files on the card (that has NOTHING on it), were moved to a "Found" folder, that I don't see on the card. Even with "show hidden files/folders" enabled, I don't see this "found" folder, and whenever I try to paste, or drag something onto the card, it tells me that folder or file already exists, and I have to overwrite, or merge folders.

How do I fix this, it's really annoying, and how do I view these invisible folders and corrupt items, so I can delete them. And WHY didn't the format get rid of those files I can't see? D=

If anyone can help, please do so.

Edit: I just tried to format again, this time with FAT32, and I got "Sorry, Windows was unable to format this device"

Edit 2: Okay, just formatted AGAIN, and I still get the errors, and it STILL tells me there's files, and a folder I can NOT see.

4. geminisama
    OP

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    Well now it will crash Windows Explorer if I try to 1) Put files on it, 2) click "properties" on the device. So I'm guessing it's defective. Ahh, the 2nd defective product ConsoleSource sent me in the SAME fucking order. Time to go replace another thing they sent me.. =D