Itouch 2.2.1

Balrogs.Pain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My brother asked me if i could jailbreak his itouch (im the tech guy in my family) so im googling and i've seen mixed answers, but im not exactly sure if you can anymore. Does anyone know if you can hack the 2.2.1 firmware?
Edit: its 2nd Gen.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, use QuickFreedom if it is 2nd Gen. Any 1st Gens, iPhones, or iPhone 3Gs can be Jailbroken with PwnageTool (Mac only) and QuickPwn (Windows and Mac).

Redsn0w (the iPod Touch 2nd Gen Jailbreak) is going to be integrated into QuickPwn and PwnageTool soon, so you wont need to use QuickFreedom (which is Windows only) soon.

Remember, once an iPod/iPhone has been Jailbroken it will always be able to be Jailbroken. Once a new version comes out, it only takes a day or two for the Dev Team to crack it. New hardware modens (iPhone 3G S for example) stop the Jailbreak, and it can take months for an exploit to be found (which is why the iPod Touch 2nd Gen has only recently been able to be Jailbroken).

Do not update to iTunes 8.2 or higher, as this disabled DFU mode which is required if you want to Jailbreak your iPod/iPhone. The Dev Team have a fix for this, which will be included in the next version of QuickPwn and PwnageTool. It is suspected that iTunes 8.2 wasn't deliberately made to stop Jailbreakers, so do not worry.

I did have a tutorial on how to use QuickFreedom and Jailbreak an iPod Touch 2nd gen running 2.2.1, but the video was removed (because I gave a link to a 2.2.1 download, I think...). There are plenty more video tutorials on YouTube and other forum sites however.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...