Italian Americans offended by Mafia II

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Guild McCommunist, Aug 19, 2010.

Aug 19, 2010
  1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Source

I'm going with what Zelnick says. The mafia is part of American history and it did involve Italian Americans. People weren't offended by The Godfather or various other depictions of the mafia, why are they now bitching? And where are all the other people getting offended by depictions of other races or ethnic groups in various games like this (like Grand Theft Auto, for example)?

2. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Nowadays, people get offended so easily because they WANT to get offended, as it then gives them a reason to backlash against anything they want, and then can say it was in self-defense, whether it be physically, psychologically, etc.

3. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Take Two president and CEO Ben Feder said they were sorry for any offence caused and indicated that the game would be cancelled. He attributed an apparent arm injury to a boaking accident.

4. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    If anything this games makes Italian-Americans look bad ass. The first game came out, what's wrong with another?

If this affects the release in any shape or form I will be PISSED, I've been waiting for this game for almost a decade.

5. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    My brother pointed this out to me, but described it as "some Italian rights group demanding an ethnic cleansing". Expected to see something very different here...

I'm backing Zelnick here. Sounds like more whining for the sake of hearing their own voice.

6. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    Publicity stunt.