itadaki street?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by crawlingpeter, Jul 9, 2007.

Jul 9, 2007

itadaki street? by crawlingpeter at 6:00 PM (940 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. crawlingpeter
    OP

Newcomer crawlingpeter Newbie

United States
    has anyone started a project translating this sweet game that will never make it to an english-speaking country? thanks.

2. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    Heck I'll be willing to help with translation if somone decides to work on it. The problem is my lack of IPS experience, I can only help out with translating

3. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    It shouldn't even be that hard to translate, it's just a board game with no story at all. There's already a FAQ that says what every card is, and simply playing the game tells you what each of the options are with experimentation.

4. deathfisaro

Canada
    Translating menu/cards is piece of cake. But there are character lines that vary by situation, which are quite funny. From my WiFi experience, even though people have access to all 100 cards translations, they tend to screw up quite often. And unable to see NPC lines takes some fun out of the game. I got 24 trophies, ALL of them gold (only have 777 award left) got ~95 costumes, 2 tour modes left at something like 27 hours of gameplay.
    My girlfriend however suffered greatly even though I was translating real time right next to her while multi card playing, and apparently she stopped playing because she thought not being able to understand make it less enjoyable.

5. crawlingpeter
    OP

Newcomer crawlingpeter Newbie

United States
    well i personally cannot help with the translation for i only speak english, but i would absolutely support anyone taking the time to handle such a project. from the looks of this thread, this games translation sounds like itd be relatively simple.

6. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    Would the freak out dialogue really be that tough to translate?

7. deathfisaro

Canada
    The dialogues have characters personality built into it. Translation is simple, but to carry the original feel along is pretty difficulty, for you'll need to consult SEVERAL Nintendo translated sources since the characters come from diverse background as well.

I'd be willing to participate in the project for translation though.
    And due to tight spacing in menus, it won't be easy to fit in English translations. Might need to include a players guide anyway. Or, let the first step be paper user manual translations, for many people that will be just enough to get interested in the game.

8. Myrdx

Newcomer Myrdx Newbie

United States
    Well, I have nothing important to add to this thread. However, I would definitely look forward to an english translation for this game if anyone starts one.