Itadaki Street Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Translation

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by westwood, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Hasney

Hasney GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2006
    Awesome, just tested it out and Sylvando the smug git is there fine. Amazingly fast too!

@westwood when you update the OP next, might be worth changing the Repatch link to Repatch Redux0 as that's the version needed for the DLC: https://github.com/dots-tb/rePatch-reDux0/releases

2. War Destroyer

War Destroyer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2004
    United States
    Impresssive. Thank you so much!

3. War Destroyer

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2004
    United States
    I attempted to play this online and found out that this game has an version 1.01 update patch. Does anyone have any idea what was changed in this patch?

Last edited by War Destroyer, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Hasney

Hasney GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2006
    The update history says 'Corrected an error regarding text display'.

In terms of the translation and everything, I've been playing with the patch since the new exploits have been found and had no issues.

5. Hasney

Hasney GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2006
    Did you do the S Rank cups by pressing Square on solo challenge mode as well? Wondering if I should bother to see if those ???'s are unlocked that way or not.

6. War Destroyer

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2004
    United States
    I just finished the last challenge on the regular one. I have all characters, maps,
    Just finished the regular challenge mode. Got all characters, maps, museum entries, but i still have those ????? in the menu. S rank mode
    seems like quite a feat.

7. Hasney

Hasney GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2006
    Found it on GameFAQs as well. Completing that mode doesn't unlock anything, not even a trophy.

8. War Destroyer

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2004
    United States
    All my data mysteriously erased. Lame, I just finished getting everything.

9. andy4ur

andy4ur Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2018
    Russia
    Are the game still translating? I'm looked inside and get almost all text (except dialogs - there are a lot of them, I'll add them later as I get them). I created google sheets file with japanese text, maybe someone can help translate it, so things go faster? I can't add links as I'm new here, send me pm if your interested or someone who can post link here.

10. War Destroyer

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2004
    United States
    I think adding the DLC corrupted my save file (and the game in general). It oddly doesn't display my profile name until in-game and crashes at the end of every game instead of saving. I tried unistalling/reinstalling the game but the problem still persisted. Is there any way to work around this incompatibility or a way to have DLC plus eng translation??

11. Hasney

Hasney GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2006
    In have all the DLC and the translation patch and it's working fine

12. War Destroyer

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2004
    United States
    I'm going to have to do reinstall this all from scratch. I previously had a maidump of this game, but can only find Nonpdrm versions now. Can I ask what kind of dump you used? And what method did you use to install the DLC. (Also, I'm using SD2Vita now so that may have caused the error as well.)

Last edited by War Destroyer, Sep 8, 2018
  13. Hasney

Hasney GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2006
    All fresh downloads from the no pay sheet. All using Nonpdrm and the translation using Repatch Redux0

14. War Destroyer

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2004
    United States
    Did you need to do any of that repatchaids.vpk stuff? Also, the Asia version of the game is not on said sheet.

Last edited by War Destroyer, Sep 8, 2018
  15. Hasney

Hasney GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2006
    Nah, didn't need AIDS in the end. And it used to be, weird. I remember it was hard to find though, maybe typo'd?

16. War Destroyer

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2004
    United States
    Any attempts to reinstall the game via nonpdrm results in error. i was able to restore the game from a pc backup via content manager but my game still has the weird name glitch. Basically, my file name is blank until i am actually in game. This glitch prevents me from playing w my own name in challenge mode (game will glitch at the end, but saves fine if i use my chars stock/real name) Also, since my name slot is blank, i cannot play free play w 2+ players or multiplayer since i cannot pick the first char due to a blank user name.

Update: I was able to get the Nonpdrm version installed, but it crashes if the repatch.skprx is booted. Going to re-install all translation files.

Last edited by War Destroyer, Sep 9, 2018
  17. War Destroyer

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2004
    United States
    what version of reduxO are you using?

18. War Destroyer

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2004
    United States
    Got it working again. Take aways:

I had to properly install all the DLC or the repatch would crash the game upon starting. I think it was bc there was DLC translations in the readdcont folder but no corresponding DLC installed.

19. xxNathanxx

xxNathanxx GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2011
    New Caledonia
    This is cool, thanks. I hope you will find the time to continue the project at some point, but this patch already makes the game fairly well playable.

20. dude22072

dude22072 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    United States
    Is OP still around? Been working on this again but was just thinking of making new thread if OP had disappeared.