"It was all a JOKE!" says PETA.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not defending PETA, but wouldn't this fall under Parody? I doubt Nintendo could have done anything about it.

There wasn't any satire or humor on that page, PETA were intent on ruining mario's image by showing him with a raccoon's head and him wearing a dead body. Parody always involve some kind of humor, but never tries to undermine something dead on. PETA wanted people to react in some way, but they didn't want you to laugh at him doing such a "wretched" thing. Personally though, I think PETA gets aways with it.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what happens when Nintendo's lawyers decide to contact you and call you on your shit.

This is what SHOULD happen when PETA picks out anything popular that remotely involves animals to mock in order to get free publicity.

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
;la;lasdjlsdlkdskljsdfjkl

I Started a Joke was by the Bee Gees!! It isn't Faith no More's if they only covered it!

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sad, so sad.. Well honestly who didn't see this coming? But all in all, real life trolling is clearly something that everyone can't handle :)

-Qtis

Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's not a joke, they did this for the publicity. Atleast they're not seriously accusing Mario of wearing fur.

If they were really after Mario, shouldn't they focus on the whole turtle stomping thing and other abuse? Those poor Koopas need protection too!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1