IT trailer out! Do you think the movie will be good?

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Retinal_FAILURE, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Retinal_FAILURE
    OP

Retinal_FAILURE GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    The trailer looked good. I just feel digital compared with film is still weird. Exposure is strange for my eyes when I take it in, and contrast is always too vivid. I see this more often then not. But the trailer did bring me back and I really want to see it now, can't wait for September!

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    No.

Pennywise isn't Pennywise.

BORTZ likes this.
  3. Retinal_FAILURE
    OP

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    @DinohScene Do you mean Curry or all the weirdness thay comes along with this remake like his skirt and his more feminine type of look I guess. Also I saw the usual stuff are they putting horror movies these days like stuff going too fast closing doors and all that BS period I'm not psyched on that crap.

4. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb

RustInPeace likes this.
  5. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Two things of note, was the kid with the red muscle tee sporting a mullet? And the clown's shuffling run at the end of the trailer was comical. Everything else, by the numbers basically, not doubting it will be good, more or less that it won't strike me as a classic. I never saw the original, but the existence of this makes me want to, do some comparing and stuff.

6. Retinal_FAILURE
    OP

Jan 3, 2016
    United States

I stand by what I said before about digital films. the worst horror films made on film are still scarier than the best horror films made on digital format. Look at the colors between the two, exposure latitudes, contrast, and saturation, movie makers today even have to put comedic situations in their films to keep the viewer watching b/c they're visually so disgusting. Take Georgie hitting his head In the new trailer. Did you see that kind of idiocy in the 1990 version produced on 135 format film? I didnt think so. I think its called bait & switch, or selling out, or typical advertising today. It is just wrong. I don't remember much of anything funny other than Pennywise himself the 1990 mini series occassionally when he was the clown because clowns are funny . And that was a comedic satire that was dark because Pennywise happens to eat the people who he is making the jokes to.

Last edited by Retinal_FAILURE, Apr 23, 2017
  7. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Not really interested in horror films but i'd rather watch IT from 1990 since it looks way better than it's digital release.

8. DinohScene

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    I honestly think it's an insult towards Stephen King.

9. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    He seems to like it. But maybe he's just a glutton for abuse.

Interestingly, the film will only involve the 1989 period and the characters as kids. A second movie will be set 27 years later and cover that part of the story, and then the two will be edited together like the novel for a DVD release. Not sure how that will work out.

10. DinohScene

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    That.. seems kinda interesting.
    I still can't help but feel it'll be rubbish.
    Could've watched to many Stephen King films tho ;'D

11. Mansize

Mansize GBATemp Hardware

GBAtemp Patron
    Mansize is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 18, 2017
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    Think I really am going to like this, seeing as how the trailer reveals they revisited the source material heavily (the house on Neighbolt Street and Patrick Hockstetter who were absent from the TV-movie feature prominently)
    "It" as a book is quite enormous, complex, layered and told almost entirely as a frame story. Many, many interesting characters are introduced on the side.
    No matter how I love Tim Curry, the TV-movie heavily toned down the gore, the violence, the racism/sexism/heterosexism, which I find unfortunate. Also, they inserted the "Bill" character into almost every scene there, which kind of breaks many of the other interesting character interactions.

There be giant spoilers ahead. Some of the details I hope will make it into the movie;

SPOILERS You don't even read

Last edited by Mansize, May 19, 2017