Hacking It takes forever to browse through my loads of DS games. Any suggestio

onekewlpenguin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I recently bought an 8gb MicroSD for my M3 DS real. I have tons of games on there, but it is difficult to scroll through the huge list only viewing 4 at a time! I have tried the M3 Sakura, but i was unable to get it to work with nesDS or Lameboy. Any suggestions?!?!

Thanks in advance!

Parker

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nesDS and lameboy should work fine on m3sakura, as long as you don't set a custom wallpaper through a bmp/gif/jpg/png file.

multoque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the Sakura/iTouch dual-boot firmware. Use iTouch to boot problematic homebrew, and don't use wallpaper in Sakura as the previous poster suggested since it dramatically boosts Sakura's homebrew compatibility. I can run all the emulators fine on Sakura.

Sakura makes browsing massive game lists very easy. I wouldn't dream of using anything else at this point.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Firstly, I can confirm M3 Sakura runs nesDS & SNEmulDS (SNES) perfectly well (don't use Lameboy, so I can't comment). Sakura cannot run homebrews over 2MB, so it is essential to install a "multiple boot" firmware on your M3Real.
I personally use the "Triple Boot" firmware pack (M3Sakura, M3Real, iTouch), which runs as follows:
Normal boot - M3 Sakura loads;
Select "X" upon boot up - M3Real loads;
Select "Y" upon boot up - iTouch loads.

In response to your other question about sorting/browsing games, etc:
M3Sakura is superb and games will run from any folder (except homebrews - nesDS, etc. still need to be set up as per developer's instructions). You can apply the "hidden" feature of windows and select the folders & files you do not need to see when you turn on your DS (system folder, homebrew ini files, nesDS rom folder, default x & y boot files, etc.). This makes M3Sakura very neat & tidy.
You could think about sorting your DS games into genres, such as: Racing, RPG, Shooters, Sport, Puzzles, Educational, etc.
wink.gif

onekewlpenguin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone, I finally got it working. I think I had a bad copy of Sakura, but I switched to the tripple boot and it works great! Thanks so much for your help!

gunstarblue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
You can apply the "hidden" feature of windows and select the folders & files you do not need to see when you turn on your DS (system folder, homebrew ini files, nesDS rom folder, default x & y boot files, etc.). This makes M3Sakura very neat & tidy.

How do I do this?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
select the files, right click>properties
and turn [ ]hidden into [v]hidden

but beware, depending on your folder options it might make the files invisible on your PC too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended