It takes forever to browse through my loads of DS games. Any suggestio

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by onekewlpenguin, Oct 9, 2008.

1. onekewlpenguin
    OP

onekewlpenguin Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2008
    United States
    Okay, I recently bought an 8gb MicroSD for my M3 DS real. I have tons of games on there, but it is difficult to scroll through the huge list only viewing 4 at a time! I have tried the M3 Sakura, but i was unable to get it to work with nesDS or Lameboy. Any suggestions?!?!

Thanks in advance!

Parker

2. thedicemaster

thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    nesDS and lameboy should work fine on m3sakura, as long as you don't set a custom wallpaper through a bmp/gif/jpg/png file.

3. multoque

multoque Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Use the Sakura/iTouch dual-boot firmware. Use iTouch to boot problematic homebrew, and don't use wallpaper in Sakura as the previous poster suggested since it dramatically boosts Sakura's homebrew compatibility. I can run all the emulators fine on Sakura.

Sakura makes browsing massive game lists very easy. I wouldn't dream of using anything else at this point.

4. Dark^'^Knigh

Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2007
    Paradise
    Firstly, I can confirm M3 Sakura runs nesDS & SNEmulDS (SNES) perfectly well (don't use Lameboy, so I can't comment). Sakura cannot run homebrews over 2MB, so it is essential to install a "multiple boot" firmware on your M3Real.
    I personally use the "Triple Boot" firmware pack (M3Sakura, M3Real, iTouch), which runs as follows:
    Normal boot - M3 Sakura loads;
    Select "X" upon boot up - M3Real loads;
    Select "Y" upon boot up - iTouch loads.

In response to your other question about sorting/browsing games, etc:
    M3Sakura is superb and games will run from any folder (except homebrews - nesDS, etc. still need to be set up as per developer's instructions). You can apply the "hidden" feature of windows and select the folders & files you do not need to see when you turn on your DS (system folder, homebrew ini files, nesDS rom folder, default x & y boot files, etc.). This makes M3Sakura very neat & tidy.
    You could think about sorting your DS games into genres, such as: Racing, RPG, Shooters, Sport, Puzzles, Educational, etc. [​IMG]

5. AXYPB

AXYPB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 16, 2007
    United States
    Lameboy does work with Sakura. I don't have a custom wallpaper myself.

6. onekewlpenguin
    OP

onekewlpenguin Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2008
    United States
    Thanks everyone, I finally got it working. I think I had a bad copy of Sakura, but I switched to the tripple boot and it works great! Thanks so much for your help!

7. gunstarblue

gunstarblue Member

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2008
    How do I do this?

8. thedicemaster

thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    select the files, right click>properties
    and turn [ ]hidden into [v]hidden

but beware, depending on your folder options it might make the files invisible on your PC too.