It takes 10 hours to download a game from PSN?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by zeello, Sep 22, 2014.

1. zeello
    OP

zeello The reason we can't have nice things.

Apr 15, 2013
    United States
    Is this the right forum section? Anyway I just purchased Tomb Raider Anniversary since it's on sale in the US, and only $3.99, but the game is 1095 MB and when I started downloading it says there's 500-600 minutes left in the download.

Later I check on the download and it was at 24 percent which is quite good. But later I check again and it says the PSP has lost connection to the access point. So I had to start the download again. (no idea if the download picks up from where it left off)

Why I am posting this, I don't know. I guess I just wanted to make a thread, right?:unsure:

2. zeello
    OP

zeello The reason we can't have nice things.

Apr 15, 2013
    United States
    I'm theorizing that the PSP runs out of battery during download and shut downs . (even though I download while charging)

But I have a plan. I'll download things from my download history to see how much file size I can take. That way I'll never purchase a game with a file size bigger than what I had proved I can handle. Just now I downloaded Piyotama which is 33 MB. Next I will download something a bit bigger. So on and so forth. This is a great plan. I just wish I could get a refund for the $4 that I spent on Tomb Raider.

edit:
    downloaded:
    SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 demo (234 MB)
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 demo (342 MB)
    Eye of Judgment Legends (568 MB) (edit: 566 MB on stick)

downloading:
    That's all of em. Eye of Judgment Legends is the single biggest game in my download history that isn't over 1000 MB. It's time to move up to Tomb Raider Anniversary.