Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was looking through craigslist today after posting some old PC stuff (monitor, speakers, etc) when I came across a post on craigslist with a guy saying he had "144 wii games including new ones like mario galaxy 2 and michael jackson and thousands of retro games on a 250GB hard drive that works on a wii for only $300" Of course, reading further I could tell that he was referring to pirated ISOs and ROMs on a cheap harddrive that he was attempting to profit off of. He also mentioned he would "mod a wii. it only takes 20 minutes - buy the games and its free" It was written in a way to deceive those not in the know about these kinds of things, and frankly, it disgusted me.

Now, I can't say I've never downloaded a ROM in my life, but c'mon. Trying to sell that shit is just WRONG.

I flagged the post as a violation of craigslist TOS and closed the window. I don't support businesses/govts filing huge and frivolous lawsuits, but I almost hope he at least gets caught and is forced to surrender or wipe his Drive.

What are you guys' opinion on this stuff?

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Who are we to tell people to not profit off of the stupidity of others?

Well said, it's like when we pay for half a bag of air when buying potato chips.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
personuser said:
My opinion is that this is real, actual piracy, and that this is what the publishers should be fighting. People actually making money off of illegal software. Not the handful of kids downloading games they would never even buy in the first place.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://cnj.craigslist.org/vgm/2200748877.html

rofl.gif

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
personuser said:
My opinion is that this is real, actual piracy, and that this is what the publishers should be fighting. People actually making money off of illegal software. Not the handful of kids downloading games they would never even buy in the first place.

Yeah, this is more what I think too. No offense to chaz and the rest but at least apple doesn't pirate their hardware and lays doesn't pirate their chips.

Also, robotic buddy, that is absolutely LOL.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know plenty of people, who are users here as well, that up-sell their old flashcards to a "dumb person" and also charge them to put additional roms onto their microSD cards because they don't know how to do it themselves.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I sell flashcarts for over 4 times the price I paid them because I like profiting for other people's stupidity.
But that is just stupid.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
I sell flashcarts for over 4 times the price I paid them because I like profiting for other people's stupidity.
But that is just stupid.

Yeah, and though it's a little immoral, that's fine with me. You're selling real hardware that you bought and paid for at quadruple price and there's nothing wrong with that.

Now THAT'S what Apple does
tongue.gif

It's not like you're giving anyone illegal content since its up to them whether or not they want to download roms or just use legal homebrew.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't support any of this either, the only ones I see buying this is people that does
not know anything about the world of hacking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: