It is time. And i need some guidance (wii u hacking and CFW)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by xwizit, Feb 10, 2017.

1. xwizit
    OP

xwizit Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2016
    I made a thread some time ago asking what tools do i need before i start the planning to install CFW for my wii u.

I have some questions before i start and any help is appreciated. I have searched through the FAQs and i *think* i know the answers but before i just go ahead and fck my wii u up i just want to ensure i am doing the right thing

1.I have a wii u with compatible firmware ready to go and a USB 1TB USB HDD with a Y cable.

*What kind of solution is permanent? I basically want to install/softmod the wii u so i never have to do 1 time-each time hacks (like the old loadiine hacks) Is this possible? Is CFW permanent? If so, which CFW should i be looking at?

*Where should i start? I see a lot of guides and a lot of names being thrown around (rednand, CFW, Mocha), A step by step guide of what i need to do would be much appreciated. I dont want to install any uneeded things, i basically just want to:

Install WUD files
    Region free would be nice, but not a must
    A permanent solution (turn on wii u, everything is ready to go)

any help would be appreciated!

Also, wtf is a ticket?

2. gutoblauth

gutoblauth Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2009
    Brazil
    First of all, Haxchi
    With Haxchi you have a permanent and stable access to Homebrew Launcher, CFW and Signature Patches
    With Homebrew Launcher + Signature Patches (Haxchi has built in, just run Haxchi by default), you can install games on your 1TB HDD using the Brazilian Method, downloading titles from Wii U USB Helper and installing with WUP Installer GX.
    For "permament solution" you need the CBHC. It will autoboot into Haxchi on startup, but it's riscky and is only needed to play games that need Signature Patches (CFW/Haxchi), like games with DLCs, eShop games like Fatal Frame, or Virtual Console games.
    Games that only have updates, but no DLC, don't need to run Sig. Patches before you play, so you don't need Haxchi/CFW/CBHC to run them, only to install them.

IMO, Install Haxchi, install your games and play it, without CBHC.
    Create a folder and put on it only those games that need Signature Patches, so it won't bother you to forget to use Haxchi when needed
    If you feel that CBHC would be better, then you can do it later.
    Booting Wii U and run Haxchi manually to play games that needs Signature Patches(DLC, eShop/VC) don't take to long, only a minute or less.

Last edited by gutoblauth, Feb 10, 2017
  3. xwizit
    OP

xwizit Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2016
    Thank you! That's a great start

But in regards to haxchi I need to get one of those DS games...

Can I go online with 5.1.1? Will it require an update to access the eshop?

4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Yes 5.5.1 is great and its the latest update.

Read this

5. gutoblauth

gutoblauth Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2009
    Brazil
    Update your Wii U to 5.5.1. There's no reason to stay on a old firmware since the IOSU Exploit is for 5.5.1 only.
    After that, you buy the DS game that is compatible with Haxchi injection.
    Also you'll need a SD Card. I use a 2GB, only for Homebrew Channel, CFW and those hacking stuff. But when I want to install a game, I use my 32Gb from my 3DS. You don't need all that SD card space everytime, only to install something

6. xwizit
    OP

xwizit Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2016
    Great! I'll start with haxchi then

What about rednand? What is this? Is this a CFW? I use reinand on my 3ds that's why I assume so?

What are the benefits of no cfw and using cfw and can cfw and haxchi work in tandem?

7. GBA rocks

GBA rocks GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2013
  8. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Did you read my post above? It does a good job of explaining CFW choices.

9. xwizit
    OP

xwizit Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2016
    THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE :3 great success!

10. ZeroMM95

ZeroMM95 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2017
    Mexico
    I have a question, if Nintendo release another update and I have Haxchi and if my WiiU got the update it will brick or somentihng ?

11. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Splatoon Fan

Jul 1, 2015
    Canada
    Hey guys, I'm not sure where to post questions like this but when we backup our redNAND and want to restore it, we have to press inject on all three parts that you need to backup as shown in this video? I would like to know in case I brick my redNAND modifying some system files in there.