It is safe to play online from Emunand (CFW)?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Joshwraith, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Joshwraith
    OP

Joshwraith GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    Mexico
    I don't know how the cias files works, Are we talking about the same thing like a flashcard in which the public header is the reason behind those people bans, so what about the .cias ? They work different ?

This is the main reason why I do not want to use a clone of my sysnand, I was thinking in keep my sysnand intact, while formating a clean emunand and install all there, but doing so it will leave my current games out of play, at least the ones which required higher fw beyond 9.2.

Setting a emunand with my NNID and all stuff and play online with it represent al least imho a very high risk to get caught and banned.

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Naaah bro you are just paranoid about it.

You can set a NNID and play online just fine with cias.

We all have been doing it for a long time now and no one has been banned except flashcart users.

Last edited by Tony_93, Jan 17, 2016
    Filo97 likes this.
  3. kiel379

kiel379 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2011
    england
    Online is fine with cias. From what iv read the cias generate a header from the info on your 3ds when installed so it is unique with each install, as opposed to other game formats where the header is built in to the actual file/game cart.
    Even games that have been converted from .3ds or any other format into cia files are fine as during the converting process this "header making on install" is added in.
    Just don't use cheats and your good to go.

4. Joshwraith
    OP

Joshwraith GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    Mexico
    Ok guys, thanks for your answer.

5. NoWeeb

NoWeeb Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2015
    United States
    Chicago