Gaming It is possible to put videos in psp roms?

Mainsaber

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I need help i creating a mod texture for fate unlimited codes psp.And i want to put a intro op for the game is possible to do that? Or not?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, though how difficult it might be and what approach you use could vary. Most video editing in ROM hacks is to include subtitles in video sections, or indeed overlay subtitles. Adding new tends not to be done but is within reason (the console itself is quite demonstrably capable of playing videos in games so yeah).

If the game already has video playback in it and you can encode the videos it is probably not going to be that hard. If the game already has an intro video say as the developer title card/animation then you can sometimes add onto such things and spare messing with the code even.

For the later PSP models then some hacks have taken to writing custom firmware plugins. Could see something like this if the PSP does not expose some kind of video playback option to the games running on it (various consoles have baked in video).

If you have to write or port your own video codec to add into the game (being a hack you theoretically have unlimited space so could afford to do something boring and basic like glorified slideshow if the code needs to be kept small and simple).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night