Homebrew it IS possible to play GB games in color on the 3DS

deathblade200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is 100% possible to play gb games on the 3ds in color even though most if not all on here think its impossible here is some photo proof
JO4KzNh.jpg

Last edited by deathblade200,
Reactions: Soulsilve2010

deathblade200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will only play in color if the rom itself was programmed with color. If its not. then its going to be in scale with what you get normally

you can select one of many palettes to work with the games even if they don't have default colors

GB games have no color I'm afraid. You're probably looking for GBC or GBA.
this is a gb game in color...this is my own picture not one I found online

Last edited by deathblade200,

EinEin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
you can select of of many palettes to work with the games even if they don't have default colors

this is a gb game in color...

I think you misunderstood what I meant by color.
If you want to play games with colors, not just black, white, grey or anything similar to that then GBC or GBA games are what you're looking for.

deathblade200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you misunderstood what I meant by color.
If you want to play games with colors, not just black, white, grey or anything similar to that then GBC or GBA games are what you're looking for.
i really think you are missing the point or didnt even bother looking at the picture there are some gb games that are actually GOOD but not only is the black and white unappealing but most if not everybody on here thinks you can't play them in color on the 3ds but this proves it wrong

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i really think you are missing the point or didnt even bother looking at the picture there are some gb games that are actually GOOD but not only is the black and white unappealing but most if not everybody on here thinks you can't play them in color on the 3ds but this proves it wrong
You simply cannot program color into roms that dont have it in the first place. You could try running the rom in super gameboy mode or gba mode but thats all your going to get.

EinEin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I never have any problem with pure black and white GA games.
So yes, I kind of misunderstood what your purpose was.

Applying color filter to them should give you the result your looking for.

deathblade200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never have any problem with pure black and white GA games.
So yes, I kind of misunderstood what your purpose was.

Applying color filter to them should give you the result your looking for.
did you even look at the picture i posted...i already KNOW how to do it if you look in the picture the tiger has color for example

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's really cool, I've always wanted to play GB games with color filters, although I dunno if I want to go through the process and give up save-states and sleep mode for that... (unless I'm missing something)

deathblade200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's really cool, I've always wanted to play GB games with color filters, although I dunno if I want to go through the process and give up save-states and sleep mode for that... (unless I'm missing something)
it actually has savestates when you hold L+R it brings up a menu that lets you change a few settings such as palettes and save states are an option as for sleep mode I haven't really looked into that

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Stremon

Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
that's nice and all but a bit missleading, playing then in goomba is like playing an emulator inside an emulator, it's neither clean or something you would want to do...
Plus goomba isn't playing the game in fullspeed and has graphical glitches.
if you really want a good result I would recommend playing the game with gameyob in 3ds/ds mode instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs