Homebrew It is possible to install normal ds games as .cia on the 3ds?

Isle41

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The title you mention is either a GBA game (which is currently not possible) or DSiWare and as far as I'm aware impossible. Normal DS Games (ie, like Kirby Mass Attack) is also impossible.

Whether the possibility of any of these will change in the future, I don't see a reason why they'll always be impossible. I think Gateway was working on GBA support.

JazzCat.CL

OP
Trophies
Website
chevaduchat.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Chile
The title you mention is either a GBA game (which is currently not possible) or DSiWare and as far as I'm aware impossible. Normal DS Games (ie, like Kirby Mass Attack) is also impossible.

Whether the possibility of any of these will change in the future, I don't see a reason why they'll always be impossible. I think Gateway was working on GBA support.
Nice, i really want to see what is the 3ds up to in the future

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I once asked smealum on twitter and he said it could be possible at least for retail games and maybe for DS homebrews...

Reactions: JazzCat.CL

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd imagine it's not too different than dsiware code-wise. I heard that inazuma eleven was released as a ds downloadable game in japan, and that might give a clue to injecting NDS roms, unless it's just a remake of the DS game?

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd imagine it's not too different than dsiware code-wise. I heard that inazuma eleven was released as a ds downloadable game in japan, and that might give a clue to injecting NDS roms, unless it's just a remake of the DS game?

That would be awesome if it was actually a VC and not a full blown port. I'd love to be able to eventually just have all my ds games accessible, since unlike most VC emulators, this one more likely than not would be doing direct pass through straight to the ds hardware, emulation compatibility for it should be at (or at least very near to) 100 percent.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it'd basically just be getting it to read the rom fro the SD slot rather than the cart slot. how easy that would be, i do not know. I believe everything is possible though...

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Getting DS games to run from SD card would require modification to TWL_FIRM (GBA VC titles are actually handled by AGB_FIRM, I've just mistakenly lumped that in with TWL in my past comments about this. :P ).

Not something Gateway nor any one else has done yet. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. But most of the devs here aren't really interested in this. Gateway is probably the only ones that might make this happen.

DoJo_Master

Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Getting DS games to run from SD card would require modification to TWL_FIRM (GBA VC titles are actually handled by AGB_FIRM, I've just mistakenly lumped that in with TWL in my past comments about this. :P ).

Something Gateway nor any one else has done yet. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. But most of the devs here aren't really interested in this. Gateway is probably the only ones that might make this happen.

a-chance.gif

JazzCat.CL

OP
Trophies
Website
chevaduchat.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Chile

Not something Gateway nor any one else has done yet. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. But most of the devs here aren't really interested in this. Gateway is probably the only ones that might make this happen.
I hope see that one day!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.