It is now February 4th. No brick.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Neo Draven, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Neo Draven
    OP

Neo Draven End Boss of the Entire Internet

May 3, 2010
    United States
    Nothing self-destructed. Turned my 3DS completely off and rebooted Gateway Mode. All is still right with the world.

2. inuyasha555

inuyasha555 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    Canada
    Maybe your part of the world, what about ours?

3. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    I'm on other half of the world and I can confirm no brick with 2.0b fw.

4. vorgrien

vorgrien Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    :wtf:
    neo Draven is from USA
    inuyasha555 is form canada
    where is "our" part of the world?

5. inuyasha555

Oct 10, 2013
    Canada
    You forgot a number. It's either 2.01b or 2.02b.

It's 9:09 here, my 3DS could still explode in 3 hours time.

Referring to time zones thanks. Didn't think it was that hard to understand.

6. morvoran

morvoran GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2010
    United States
    I was wondering the same thing. I thought Canada was in the same part of the world as the US.

If you said, "Maybe your part of North America.", or "Maybe in your timezone", It would have been easier to understand. We are in the same "part" of the world.

7. Neo Draven
    OP

May 3, 2010
    United States
    I just figured I would post, knowing that time zones exist, but also knowing that being on the East Coast of the United States, I'd likely be one of the first people to be able to report back after midnight. Others will eventually be able to test and confirm whether or not anything happens after midnight in their respective time zones.

8. inuyasha555

Oct 10, 2013
    Canada
    I thought it was supposedly reported by someone (who honestly had no clue what they were saying as nobody does) that the code related to files made on or after February 4th but I doubt anyone would want to try that.

9. Yessy

Yessy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2014
    New Zealand
    Phew... it's Harold Camping all over again.

xfcrowman likes this.
  10. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    No offence but this is a pointless thread. Date and Time is not going to make a blind bit of difference to this bricking problem and is down to incorrect and made up conspiracies.

RodrigoDavy likes this.
  11. inuyasha555

Oct 10, 2013
    Canada
    In that case the Gateway bricking code is a conspiracy too. No solid proof has been posted to prove anyone has been legitimately bricked by Gateway's code.

Are those pointless too?

12. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    It's still 3 February in North America's central time, 11:25 in Mexico :D

13. retrofan_k

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves

My point is, this is a stupid thread and does not help anything and I dont need any proof for legit bricks.

14. morvoran

morvoran GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2010
    United States
    It's Feb 4th in the OP's timezone. Programs don't bias against timezones. They only know what date the system has programmed into it.

15. inuyasha555

Oct 10, 2013
    Canada
    This is a legit statement, you should have no problem with it then since you believe things without proof.

Connect to internet and convert 3DS time to specific timezone time or do that locally if its stored. (Yes I acknowledge that this is a long shot and 99% not true but it is Gateway we're talking about.)

It could be timezones based. Nobody will release the decrypted launcher because it may or may not even exist.

No it won't be revealed.

1. Decrypted launcher showing code, really? Where is it? Why don't I have a copy? Nobody has posted it online because it doesn't exist.
    2. You've seen it bricked with your own eyes, can't prove or even know it was caused by Gateway's code.

enigma85 likes this.
  16. retrofan_k

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves

I believe it because I have seen a 3DS bricked with my own eyes, so nothing will change my mind that the brick code is real and will affect legit users. Its okay for people on the other side of the fence who are not affected and easily dismiss people who are.
    Time will tell and will all be revealed...

17. Neo Draven
    OP

May 3, 2010
    United States
    Again, my point was neither to confirm nor deny any rumors that 3DS consoles would brick after February 4th. I don't know enough about what is directly triggering the bricks to speak on that. I was only and solely reporting that my console did NOT brick, contrary to any and all misinformation or rumors that it would or wouldn't.

What is pointless is to post "this is pointless", without ever actually doing anything to try to help solve the problem. The fact is that topics DID exist in this and other forums referring to the rumor that February 4th was Doomsday for Gateway 3DS owners. My post is to just let everyone know, the hour came and went, and nothing happened.

Rob Blou likes this.
  18. juins

juins GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2003
    How do u guys know if its truly February 4th?

What if its 4/2/14 instead of 4/2/14

Ammako likes this.
  19. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    Because it's 4 February, not February 4th; international date format.

20. retrofan_k

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves

Its pointless because its not helping the problem is it? Its a stupid rumor that everyone follows like sheep like with other rumors. If, its going to brick, it will brick regardless of dates and times, that is my opinion on it. The damage has already been done.

21. Neo Draven
    OP

May 3, 2010
    United States
    So, what you're saying is, you want people to stop talking about rumors?

Glad we agree. That is the whole reason I made this post.

22. Jayro
    This message by Jayro has been removed from public view by T-hug, Feb 5, 2014, Reason: Flame / offensive comment.
    Feb 4, 2014
  23. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    It says here you posted this 5 minutes ago. The world clock says it's 7:45 PM on the 3rd on the international date line, and that it isn't "before noon on the third" any more anywhere in the world.

Explain this :angry:

24. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Oh woops, it's 11:46PM here, my bad... I must have slept... over 24 hours. :wtf: Still, it's not the 4th yet... 15 minutes to go. :)

25. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    It was never an auto-kill date. It was simply another check added when booting up after the 4th. It's still going to be random, and that's assuming you meet the other requirements (some sort of corruption of your Launcher.dat file or SD/Gateway card).

Pong20302000 likes this.