XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got it today, at 5:20 GMT, I'm so excited

The games I have are :
Uncharted 1
Killzone 2
Little Big Planet
Resistance : Fall of man ( On it's way )

I'm getting GOW III and the remastered collection ( Even though I have them on PS2 but I want them on one machine ) next week and my best friend wants me to buy Battlefield ( Even though I have it for the 360 )

The only reason I'm not on it now is it is updating
mad.gif

The console is the 250gb Slim model, I don't think it looks as good as my uncles Fat model but it still looks nice, better than my 360 anyway

So what shall I play first out of those games?? I will have to get used to the remote as I'm accustom to the Xbox controller ( I do have a PS2 and PS1 and so it shouldn't be that hard right?)

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uncharted or Resistance. LBP is fun, but it's not a play constantly kind of game, more like, a play between games game. Killzone 2 is also nice, but the controls will throw you off, so I'd get your bearings with resistance or uncharted first.

naglaro00 said:
Since you brought up controllers, does the PS3 controller feel differently than the PS2's? Are they the same shape?
They're the same except the R2 and L2 buttons are now triggers (crappy triggers)

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd play Uncharted. And adjusting to the PS3 controller will be simple if you've ever used a Playstation.

@Prowler. 360 Controller is my favorite. Although from Sony, I prefer the PS2 Controller as the best. I don't like the back triggers on the PS3 controller.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm heavily considering a PS3 now, more so than i had in the past. I think its 3d Dot Heroes that's putting my over the edge. I mean, it's on my radar now... however, monies is still an issue towards actually being able to pick one up, but yea, looks like a happy system.

If i'd have that list of games, Uncharted would probably be my first play.

Question to tech-heads out there- I'm on a 1080i 27" LCD. Would a BluRay player be worth it? Or should i just stick with regular DVDs until i get a better TV?
(that's one of the reasons i'd like a PS3... to cover double duty, but if my tv isn't up to snuff, then it'd just be a gaming system. One less reason to pick one up. Follow?)

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
Question to tech-heads out there- I'm on a 1080i 27" LCD. Would a BluRay player be worth it? Or should i just stick with regular DVDs until i get a better TV?
(that's one of the reasons i'd like a PS3... to cover double duty, but if my tv isn't up to snuff, then it'd just be a gaming system. One less reason to pick one up. Follow?)
Depends on how far away you sit from it, you won't notice much of a difference on a screen that small unless you were fairly close to it, and I'd go for 720p over 1080i, some people claim not to notice a difference, but in fast action scenes you'll want progressive over interlaced.

The Ey Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To start off, I say you should play LBP, just to get used to the controls (it's still an awesome game).
The controller, IMO, is way better than Xbox. Other people say vice versa. Probably means it's something you get used to, and believe me, you'll get used to it.
Btw, you can quick scope (mw2) on PS3 as well, haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Hey, VSauce. Where are your fingers?