It could be possible to get HD textures mods for SSBB?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Goku Junior, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Goku Junior
    OP

Goku Junior GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Hi, I was wondering is it could be possible to get a HD Texture Super Smash Bros Brawl, I had seen a textures hack for the game, so It could be possible to put some HD textures to the game? I'm asking this because the Wii it's only 480p...

2. Attila13

Attila13 Praise the Creep!

Oct 11, 2010
    Romania
    Zalau,Romania
    For the Wii it's out of the question, because it doesn't have the power necessary to run a game with a HD mod/texture pack even if the game can be hacked to replace textures.
    But if you're talking about emulating, then maybe there is a chance for it to work with Dolphin and a half decent PC.

3. Ryuknar

Ryuknar Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2014
    It is possible with a lot (a lot!) of work. The real problem is the limitation of the platform.

The Wii is 480p, thus, even if it was powerful enough to run (which is not), it doesn't make sense.

To run on Dolphin, you would need a really powerful PC to enjoy it to its fullest (a lot more powerful than the powerful PC you can use today to run Dolphin at 1080p).

4. Goku Junior
    OP

Goku Junior GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    So, HD textures aren't possible... OK, thanks, that was my question, my PC itsn't powerful enough to get the full Wii emulation.