Hacking Issues with Wii since modding it to play USB backups

zachzapper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'll start this topic the way I usually do and that is by saying that I am a noob at this stuff and don't really get it but whatever
I also did a search but couldn't find anything that really sounded like the issues with my Wii

I'm on 4.1u and I recently modded my Wii to play Wii backups off an external HDD using this guide, http://gwht.wikidot.com/usb-loader, that works great but ever since I have had a string of problems, most notably my Wii will not load GameCube games from the disc channel. It will load Wii games from the disc channel and I tried multiple GameCube games to be sure. I put in a GC disc and from the main menu I will see the GC logo but once I start the game it just goes to a black screen and nothing happens which leads me to believe the Wii can not enter GC mode

I don't have any type of GC backup loader, and I don't know if I should need one considering it won't load retail games

I have had some other issues that I will just list here in case they are related,
I can not install WADs using WAD Manager v1.3, when I try to I get the following message:
>> Installing title... ERROR! (ret = -1029)

I can not backup or load a backup using BootMii
When I try to make a backup I get the following message:
f_lseek failed: 2
f_lseek(0) failed: 2
Backup failed: -1

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I see two problems: First, why are you using an outdated Wad Manager? We're up to 1.7. The other problem is that you installed cIOS249 with a base other than 38. Install it with base IOS38.
Your BootMii issue seems to be related to your SD card.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wad manager 1.3 is way outdated.Get wad manager 1.7

Also make sure your using a ios that has trucha bug to install the wads.

For bootmii backup are you using the latest version of bootmii or an older version?

*About the GC not loading in disc channel.It could be you have a cmios installed for playing backups of GC from disc.I believe this prevents real discs from being booted in disc channel

*(Not 100% sure on this so wait and see if anyone else can confirm it)

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
*About the GC not loading in disc channel.It could be you have a cmios installed for playing backups of GC from disc.I believe this prevents real discs from being booted in disc channel

*(Not 100% sure on this so wait and see if anyone else can confirm it)
It's not true; I have had a plethora of different cMIOS's over the past few months (Waninkoko's rev4 and rev5, Wiigator's latest, and currently WiiPower's) and I've still been able to play my retail Super Mario Sunshine.

zachzapper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the quick responses, I honestly don't keep up with updates on apps so that's why my WAD Manager is outdated, I just downloaded 1.7 so thank you for that.
As for BootMii being outdated, it's probably incredibly outdated, I have not updated it since I downloaded the Homebrew Channel, UNLESS it updates itself when you go to that screen off the SD card where it says to install BootMii, the Homebrew Channel and DVDx
And if I can figure out the whole IOS 38 thing I will try that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."