Issues with Triiforce...

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by mediabob, Sep 3, 2010.

1. mediabob
    OP

mediabob GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2010
    United States
    So I am trying to set up Triiforce on my Wii, but it is not giving me the option to choose what NAND to use, it only reads the real one. I have tried putting the NAND dump on both my SD card and my USB drive, but no matter what it just jumps straight to the menu where you choose a WAD, and it is reading the real NAND.

I also tried downloading a NAND dumb thinking mine just is not dumping correctly and it still did not work. Any ideas?

2. Zetta_x

Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    Are you sure you are using a decrypted Nand dump? how did you dump the NAND?

3. mediabob
    OP

mediabob GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2010
    United States
    I used simple file system dumper through HBC to dump it.

4. Zetta_x

Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    I believe that already dumps the nand in decrypted form. If you had used bootmii, there is a small route you have to take to decrypt it.

How about some other information:

Format of USB/SD (Should be Fat32)
    What CIOS are you using
    What Triiforce version are you using

5. brausm08

brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2009
    United States
    USA - Midwest
    the NAND files must be in the root of whatever drive you are using (SD or USB)....it won't be detected if you have them in a folder....

6. mediabob
    OP

mediabob GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2010
    United States
    The NAND files are in the root of the SD Card, so I know that's no the issue.

Using Waninkoko's cIOS249-rev20
    USB and SD are both FAT32
    Triiforce v is beta 7

One update, i came across triiforce mrc that gives it a gui, and it does let me select a NAND location. I installed 2 games in in my SD NAND just to test it, and mrc finds my SD NAND, and shows that 2 games are in there, but it does not list the name across the bottom, just the title id (the title ID is correct), and when I click a game to play it then it just exits back to HBC. Both games are verified to work in Triiforce.

7. brausm08

brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2009
    United States
    USA - Midwest
    AFAIK...Triiforce is broken with rev20...try going back to rev17...it's the version that works for me.....

8. mediabob
    OP

mediabob GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2010
    United States
    That would explain it... ill try downgrading and see if that helps.

EDIT: That was the problem, it does not work with rev 20. I downgraded to 17 and it worked perfect - thanks!