Issues with the USB converter that was included

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Abyssion, Oct 21, 2008.

Oct 21, 2008
  1. Abyssion
    OP

Newcomer Abyssion Newbie

United States
    Hi. I just got my Acekard 2.1 in the mail, and all seems fine, except the little USB converter isn't being recognized when I stick it into my computer. I have the Micro SD card in properly. I even tried adjusting the card in ways that weren't fully inserted or whatever. I put it into just about every USB port on my computer with no luck.

The second time I put it in, my computer said that "The new Hardware has been installed, but you will have to restart in order for it to be active". So I restarted, and then I could never get it to be recognized again.

Is there any way to fix this?

2. jabjab

Member jabjab GBAtemp Fan

United States
    if you have another usb card reader which can take normal sd cards and your microsd card came with adapters then try that.
    If you dont then you may just have been unlucky with the reader as they are pretty cheaply made.
    On the upside you can replace them for very little too.

3. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i don't remember but isn't the usb reader for the ak a usb2.0? do you have usb 1.0 or 1.1 on your computer instead? that is the only thing i can think of.

-another world

4. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    USB 2.0 is backwards compatible with USB 1.1 so that shouldn't matter, it's probably just a faulty microSD/microSDHC reader.

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    http://www.meritline.com/kingston-usb-micr...eader-red-.html

thats what i'm using, they came with my msd cards. its not cheap by any means (and i realize 7 bucks isn't alot either) but you do get what you pay for. another 3-99 cent reader might have the same problems as what you are having now.

http://www.meritline.com/116-228-with-119-096.html

or for 9.99 pick that up. they shipped mixed lots of japanese branded and taiwan branded. i wrote to complain because the images showed japanese and they took most of those images down. they won't guarantee japanese branded.

-another world

6. dewback

Member dewback GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If it like the one that shipped with the 2.0 version get a new one.

The one I got still works but I've pulled it apart after the second use because the pins were bent.

With this issue try it on another computer see if it shows up just so you know if it is the drive or your usb device drivers.

7. Abyssion
    OP

Newcomer Abyssion Newbie

United States
    Update:

So I brought my SD card and the USB adapter to school, and it worked on two computers that I tried it on. So, when I went home, I tried it, and it lasted about a minute or two before it "Disconnected" somehow. It was right as I was putting a ROM on it, too, so I couldn't play it. SD card works fine, I'm pretty sure. I ordered a brand name USB adapter that looks exactly the same, so I should get something that works.

8. cepheus

Member cepheus GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    ack...those things are gimmicks. DSTT reader is pretty bad as well.

take them as freebies and if they don't work, get another one from your local store.