Hacking Issues with A9LH installation

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
So I asked this on another thread but got no replies, figured I might try my luck here.

So firstly, I can't find "hs.app" anywhere on my SD, what went wrong?

Also, I was on rxTools before following Palailect's latest tutorial and for Part 3 Section IV, I followed the "Move RedNAND" tutorial since I had an EmuNAND with rxTools and when I restored, I had FBI cia installed. After everything, I'm on "Sys 9.2.0-20E" but when I run my Majora's Mask, it says "An error has ocurred. Hold the power button to turn off...blah blah..." But my other games' and their saves are working normally.

So I'm really confused as to where I messed up. What is recommended for me to do now?

Thanks for your time!

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
So I asked this on another thread but got no replies, figured I might try my luck here.

So firstly, I can't find "hs.app" anywhere on my SD, what went wrong?

Also, I was on rxTools before following Palailect's latest tutorial and for Part 3 Section IV, I followed the "Move RedNAND" tutorial since I had an EmuNAND with rxTools and when I restored, I had FBI cia installed. After everything, I'm on "Sys 9.2.0-20E" but when I run my Majora's Mask, it says "An error has ocurred. Hold the power button to turn off...blah blah..." But my other games' and their saves are working normally.

So I'm really confused as to where I messed up. What is recommended for me to do now?

Thanks for your time!
Have You checked inside the files9 folder? Or has decrypt9 successfully told You that it worked?

Majoras Mask requires 9.6 IIRC so You may need to continue with the guide then at the end update the sysNAND to 11.0 when done installing A9LH(dont do it if You haven't or You will lose CFW access)

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Have You checked inside the files9 folder? Or has decrypt9 successfully told You that it worked?

Majoras Mask requires 9.6 IIRC so You may need to continue with the guide then at the end update the sysNAND to 11.0 when done installing A9LH(dont do it if You haven't or You will lose CFW access)
Thanks for your reply! Holy sh*t! I didn't know it could be there! Everywhere I looked they said that hs.app is in the root of the SD. Also I did a search for "hs.app" but in vain, now that I checked, I see that it's named only "hs".

Also, decrypt9 installed successfully.

So I can carry on now? Also for the update part, is it safe to update like normal? It won't block the hack?

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Using a Mac :huh: It shows that the file "Kind" is "Application", should be good I guess?
i havent done it in Mac before but continue :)

and about this:
Also for the update part, is it safe to update like normal? It won't block the hack?
once you end up with the guide, you should be on 11.0 on sysNAND with A9LH. This would make the game run :D

Reactions: Prans

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
on it! Also at the end, it mentions NTR CFW. What is it and what do I need it for?
NTR CFW is basically a CFW inside a CFW. With it you can record your 3DS screen to your PC(Note: this is for N3DS only, not for O3DS) and you can cheat on certain games with the NTR :)

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
NTR CFW is basically a CFW inside a CFW. With it you can record your 3DS screen to your PC(Note: this is for N3DS only, not for O3DS) and you can cheat on certain games with the NTR :)
Thanks! Guess that I won't be needing it too much. Just completed the tutorial, so far so good. I'm on Sys 11.0.0-33E but Majora's Mask still yields the same error while the other cias installed before with rxTools worked fine :mellow: Any help with that? If it might help I'm on a Majora's Mask N3DS and I downloaded the Majora's Mask from the eShop as it is tied to the console.

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! Guess that I won't be needing it too much. Just completed the tutorial, so far so good. I'm on Sys 11.0.0-33E but Majora's Mask still yields the same error while the other cias installed before with rxTools worked fine :mellow: Any help with that? If it might help I'm on a Majora's Mask N3DS and I downloaded the Majora's Mask from the eShop as it is tied to the console.
I'm not exactly sure but isn't there a feature in the e-shop that allows you to "repair" downloaded games. don't take my word for it though.
Or find a new cia and reinstall it.

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
You could install JK's SaveManager and backup the save game before you (re)install a new cia probably?
As long as the game's the same region, it should work. I might be wrong though.

Never done it because i just replay the game :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all