Hacking Issues with 6.72 and 8tb hard drive

AdamTheSlave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought a kit that let me install a 3.5" drive using a modified case and a power cord that passes through the power jack of the ps4 (launch model). I installed an 8tb Seagate Barracuda drive and it looks to be working fine until it needs to be scanned for an improper shutdown (kernel panic or perhaps my power shut off). The issue is, any time that happens, I have to reinitialize the drive using the recovery image because it never passes the scan.

I have been using Al Azif's DNS and Mira payload to jailbreak.

Is it normal to always fail the hard drive scan and make me reinstall the OS every time there's an improper shutdown?

AdamTheSlave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s not normal, what case and power pass through is it you have?
I am using the Skywin ps4 Hard Drive Upgrade Cover I found on Amazon from a tutorial for getting an 8tb hard drive. I can't post links as I am too new. That kit has it's own power passthrough. I am using that in conjunction with a seagate model ST8000DM004 HDD.

AdamTheSlave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the system check for their database it is for retail game, so you need to use stooged tool if you are using FPKG, occasionally backup your database I guess.
That would explain it then, I haven't been backing up my database at all, and I have been installing games via fpkg. I'll check it out tonight when I get home from work. If it works, I'll post back, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.