Hacking Issues SD card 64gb weird files and size ranging from 100gb to 7TB..

Foxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi all

I have this Sandisk Extreme MicroSD 64GB card. I've been copying my Wii-U games on it which worked fine before yesterday. There seemed to be a big problem with it. I made a temp map with the meta files on it from the game Star Fox zero USA and while I was trying to load the game it started up fine but an error came up that the SD card should be removed from the console and that I should restart the console as well. After that not one game worked anymore and every game showed the same error. So I took it out and connected it on on my PC. The card was basically full which had about 7gb or so free. Then I checked the map temp and it was full of weird symbol files and maps which could not be deleted for some reason. And when I checked the space of the "temp" map, it went from orginal 1-10mb to 22 fucking GB? While still having 7GB free and 53GB used. Reformatting didn't work tried exFAT and went back to FAT32 64k. Those files were still there apps, temp, saves (deleted the games before formatting it).

I tried a lot of stuff like diskpart utility, chkdsk etc. And then files where found about 12gb or so. Deleted them all and went back to setting it back up with all games. Now all problems came back after copying 5-6 games on it. These sizes varied from 220gb to a total of 7TB.. on a fucking 64GB sd card?

Is it still possible to fix this SD Card or is just a bad SD Card (bought it a month ago)?

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering what the fuck is 7TB. Also, it's prob just corrupted/malformed data.

Try re-formating it. If you can put files that are..supposely, 7TB+! on it, then you got a bad SD card, sadly.

Last edited by DKB,
Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Foxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well is was copying games like these
"Fast Racing Neo eShop EUR [WFSP02]"
"Hyrule Warriors [BWPP01]"
"Mario Party 10 [ABAP01]"
"Mario Tennis Ultra Smash [AVXE01]"
"New Super Luigi U [ARSP01]"
"Pokken Tournament [APKP01]"
"Shantae Riskys Revenge Directors Cut [ARRPWY]"

Size = around 16-17gb. On the SD card it showed up to 7 TB of size. Tried multiple formatting systems, didn't help so far.

Foxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Don't buy cheap sd cards from eBay. Buy brand name, decently priced sd cards from Amazon.
Well I did "Sandisk Extreme MicroSD 64GB" https://www.sandisk.com/home/memory-cards/microsd-cards/extreme-microsd
how the heck you getting 100gb to 7tb on 64gb
Transfering those game and when I checked them all files had weird names/symbols/dates etc. Size increased as well. files where irreversible corrupted when I did chkdsk f: /f
Use one of those flash size checkers, ether a bad card or you got scamed.
Check above.

C:\Users\Kristof>chkdsk f: /f
Het type bestandssysteem is FAT32.
Het volumenummer is 0CE6-0744
Controleren van bestanden en mappen...
Onherstelbare fout in map \wiiu\games\Hyrule Warriors [BWPP01]
Map omzetten in bestand (J/N)? n
Onherstelbare fout in map \wiiu\games\Mario Party 10 [ABAP01]
Onherstelbare fout in map \wiiu\games\Mario Tennis Ultra Smash [AVXE01]
Onherstelbare fout in map \wiiu\games\New Super Luigi U [ARSP01]
Onherstelbare fout in map \wiiu\games\Pokken Tournament [APKP01]

its in Dutch btw. "Onherstelbare fout in map" means Unrecoverable error in folder. Then it asked to change that map into a file.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Well I did "Sandisk Extreme MicroSD 64GB" https://www.sandisk.com/home/memory-cards/microsd-cards/extreme-microsd

Transfering those game and when I checked them all files had weird names/symbols/dates etc. Size increased as well. files where irreversible corrupted when I did chkdsk f: /f

Check above.

C:\Users\Kristof>chkdsk f: /f
Het type bestandssysteem is FAT32.
Het volumenummer is 0CE6-0744
Controleren van bestanden en mappen...
Onherstelbare fout in map \wiiu\games\Hyrule Warriors [BWPP01]
Onherstelbare fout in map \wiiu\games\Mario Party 10 [ABAP01]
Onherstelbare fout in map \wiiu\games\Mario Tennis Ultra Smash [AVXE01]
Onherstelbare fout in map \wiiu\games\New Super Luigi U [ARSP01]
Onherstelbare fout in map \wiiu\games\Pokken Tournament [APKP01]

its in Dutch btw. "Onherstelbare fout in map" means Unrecoverable error in folder. Then it asked to change that map into a file.
Still a good idea to use a size tool, it should detect any faults on the SD card.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Common with fake cards, never seen this behavior with legit cards, they will usually just fail in some way, either at the point of mounting the card, or at the point of a bad block/blocks (depending on how the controller handle's bad blocks)

Foxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The card isn't fake, its bought in a huge webshop similar to Amazon & co, if you really want to know it's www.bol.com. Anyway I downloaded some tool and the result was this:

Error reading file 'F:\13.h2w', offset 0xe00000.
(De time-outperiode van de semafoor is verlopen. Code 121)
The media is likely to be defective.
18.6 MByte OK (38284 sectors)
11.9 GByte DATA LOST (25156212 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
11.9 GByte corrupted (25156212 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x00000000000ac000
Expected: 0x00000000000ac000
Found: 0x0000000000000000
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 8.97 MByte/s
Reading speed: 15.7 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

First of all the card worked fine when I filled it with games. It had like 54GB of games on it. And they all worked fine, as I tested all of them for 5 to 15 minutes. The problem prolly came after when I copied the meta folder of the game star fox zero US to this map sd:/temp/. I made a backup of it there. What I did next was added some files from Star Fox Zero EUR meta folder to the Star Fox Zero US folder in sd:/wiiu/games/ because the icon didn't showed up in loaddiine, I also added the v16 update. I then launched loaddiine and started Star Fox Zero US game. But it didn't work, the screen of my TV stayed black/Grey. So I had to press very long on the power button of the console to force it to shut it down. After that not one game worked any longer. And seeing on my PC that the files of sd:/temp/ somehow got corrupted and it showed up as some weird files and folder with a size of 22gb big, which in reality cannot exist because the sd card had less then 6GB left and temp folder had originaly less then 10mb of files. So what I did was copy all games back to my HDD, but somehow it stopped copying when there was one game left LEGO City Undercover and I couldn't stop it. I then used windows Taskbar to terminate explorer.exe. Put it back in and tried again to move the last game of the SD but it got stuck again and off all frustration I just took the SD card out. Then I formatted it a few times and each time I formatted back to FAT32 all the files where still there folder like private, wiiu, saves, games (lego city undercover) and even temp could never be deleted somehow. After much hassle and formatting checking for errors (one time it took so long, so I took it out again because it didn't continue on). Anyway after some googling and formattting and zero out all data with diskpart in cmd I then could check the disk on errors again and it found some lost files files about 12gb (prolly lego city undercover) deleted them. So I thought that it should be fine again. I then copied all games back to the SD card but after like the 4th or 5th game, some games that I copied earlier where corrupted Hyrule warrriors, fast racing neo showed up to be as big as 100gb and even more.

So basically as the tool above says this sd card is defective and broken, I guess there is no way to fix this with software utilities. Flash memory seems to be "well lost beyond repair". I'll just resend it back to the shop and I'll prolly get a new SD card.. Plus the tool couldn't check beyond the 12gb, I dunno why.

Last edited by Foxx,

THA-REAPER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxx that's almost the exact behavior I had with 2 fake 128 GB cards. When you are on the computer it will read the card like any normal card even appear as transferring. You can try filling the card up and it'll appear as normal, but once it gets past a certain amount of data transfered files will be "gone, missing, dissapeared". Also at a certain point it will show the transfer rate very slow or may just stop going. What the people do that make counterfeit cards is change the header of the card so it may say 64 GB when it's really a different card with the amount of gigs like 32, 16, 8, 4, 2. Perhaps the missing data is throwing everything off. It really shouldn't be writing to the card at all in those directories if it's not save data.

It looks like you used h2testw. Check this out if you haven't already. http://www.happybison.com/reviews/how-to-check-and-spot-fake-micro-sd-card-8/

Most of us are speaking from experience dealing with fake cards. In my defense I suspected the card to be fake it was so dirt cheap. I still got it because I was hoping it was someone who had no clue of the value of a real card was. It's funny I told the seller my card never came which it really didn't at the time. He said normally he doesn't do this but he gave me another 128 GB card free of charge. Next couple of days later I check the mail and I have two of the same cards. Didn't bother trying to get my money back it was like 8 dollars. Should've reported him though.

Last edited by THA-REAPER,

Neouni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's a reputable shop, but the card is defiantly not working like it's supposed to

edit:
One thing I notice is that 99% of the fakes are microsd, the rest don't mention form factor if you search for it.

Last edited by Neouni,

Foxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay got the SD card replaced, and I just wished I would just refunded it.. These sandisk sd cards are just as worthless as shit! https://www.bol.com/nl/p/sandisk-extreme-microsd-64gb-met-adapter/9200000047852893/

Problems now is when I copy games on it I get an error that it can't write further and when I check it all games are gone, like no folders at all in the map wiiu/games/. The used space is about 3gb. But when I check how big the game folder is, it's just empty what tha fuck is this? I Also checked with the tool for flash and it appeared good about 59gb was usable only 0.5kb or something was corrupted.. Fucking junk.. This is really pissing me off big time..

And something else, the free space is still 57gb of 60gb available. So the used space is 3gb (the games I was copying on it) but there is only 6,3mb of files on it. All other files are just gone..

Last edited by Foxx,

Foxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
if you copy data beyond the real capacity it overwrites and weird things happens, test it with h2test , and you will find the real capacity

I did that first thing and it showed 59gb. And 0.5kb unusable. I don't know what the problem is, maybe the my card reader is crappy? It's an old one...

Last edited by Foxx,

greenlanternx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I did that first thing and it showed 59gb. And 0.5kb unusable. I don't know what the problem is, maybe the my card reader is crappy? It's an old one...
ok, thats weird, try an usb reader, maybe is your reader.....or you have bad luck

Foxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Seems the SD card is bricked now. Can't even format it lol, protected against writing. Well fuck it, rubbish shit anyway. Prolly a really really bad batch of SD cards or they sent the original one back... I'll try and get my money back and gonna take another brand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs