Hacking Issues flashing ROM backup (Bravely Default) to Micro SD

leeksausage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

Having some issues here with flashing this particular backup ROM to my Micro SD card. Am using Mac with the GW3DS imager. Formatting the card to FAT32 first and then running the imager. All games have so far been fine, then again, all games havnt been this large! Seems to write ok but fails on verify.

Game is reading in at 4,294,967,296 bytes, or bang on 4Gb on my system. Now, my understand is that the maximum FAT32 can handle is 4GB minus one byte. What's the method to flashing this one to the card? Should i be formatting the card to a difference file format? Am i doing something wrong? Is it chance my cards are dodgy!? Have tried 2 cards, one 8gb Sandisk, one 64gb unbranded.

I do have access to a PC so that's not a huge problem if its the solution.

Thanks guys!

higher87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it has to be fat32 i think, and the game can fit, however it will not fit on a 4gb card, i had to use 16gb cuz i didnt have any 8gb. i think you're assuming that the game is one big file but that's only the image, once it's written to the card, it should in theory be several files. if you already tried 8gb and it failed, did you test the card? depending on where u bought it from it might be faulty i think, i'v seen several from ebay being faulty and not being the size they claim to be.

also i used pc/windows to write the image to the card.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
The file system of the micro sd doesn't matter because the ROM is written raw on the card.
Err, this. FS doesn't matter at all.

You can also use dd on OSX instead of the Gateway tool, just find out where in the device tree your micro sd card is and use dd if=image.3ds of=/dev/diskX bs=1m as command. No need to have it mounted in Volumes before (I assume that's why OP formatted it FAT32 in the first place).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.