Hacking issues downgrading 11.2 with OOT3DHAX

trollindungeon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey everyone, im trying to downgrade my N3DS 11.2, i followed Plailect guide, i just finished with the NFirmware dowgrade part, the next step is getting into hombrew launcher, my entry point is OOT3DSHAX but the game always freeze with the common message error and take me back to main menu, its not working on my modded 2ds either (which i recently updated to 11.2).
Thanks in advance for your time and patient!

Eruandou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Are you sure you're using the 11.2 payloads for ocarina and pressing "A" once the game starts to boot into homebrew launcher?

trollindungeon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
thank you for your answer, that was the problem (payloads were fine), i just inject the exploit in 1 slot, to avoid pressing any button but A to open the game file, if anyone has this issue, dont even try to use the D-PAD, OOTHAX fails very easily in 11.1 and 11.2

thediamante

Trophies
XP
Country
Same thing happening to me, whenever I enter the game with the exploited save file. I play the ocarina or press A right after. Game freezez then "An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart."

This happens both on my New3ds xl and Old 3ds xl

Please help as I am in the middle of downgrading my Old 3ds XL as well :P

Thanks guys ya'll the best

Reactions: Usl5264

udelgadochio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Same thing happening to me, whenever I enter the game with the exploited save file. I play the ocarina or press A right after. Game freezez then "An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart."

This happens both on my New3ds xl and Old 3ds xl

Please help as I am in the middle of downgrading my Old 3ds XL as well :P

Thanks guys ya'll the best

I'm in the same situation, rebbot message, I'm only pressing A, 11.2 New 3ds XL with Luma and a9lh, installed oot3dhax with sploit installer...

Have you solved your situation?

Mr Skinner

Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I also had this problem, but it was basically for two reasons:

• You must install OoTHAX payloads for the correct version of the current version installed on your 3ds. Note carefully that you are marked the correct version for "New" instead of the "OLD" version that is selected by default.

• You Need to Clear Home Menu's by the navigating to the following folder on your SD card: / Nintendo 3DS / (32 Character ID) / (32 Character ID) / extdata / 00000000 /
EUR Region: Delete 00000098
JPN Region: Delete 00000082
USA Region: Delete 0000008f
KOR Region: Delete 000000A9
TWN Region: Delete 000000B1

This should be done every time you perform an action that makes use of SD, especially in firmware downgrade operations or running the homebrew launcher.

Reactions: udelgadochio

udelgadochio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I also had this problem, but it was basically for two reasons:

• You must install OoTHAX payloads for the correct version of the current version installed on your 3ds. Note carefully that you are marked the correct version for "New" instead of the "OLD" version that is selected by default.

• You Need to Clear Home Menu's by the navigating to the following folder on your SD card: / Nintendo 3DS / (32 Character ID) / (32 Character ID) / extdata / 00000000 /
EUR Region: Delete 00000098
JPN Region: Delete 00000082
USA Region: Delete 0000008f
KOR Region: Delete 000000A9
TWN Region: Delete 000000B1

This should be done every time you perform an action that makes use of SD, especially in firmware downgrade operations or running the homebrew launcher.

Erased home menu folder, installed correct payloads, still getting the reboot message :cry:

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just gotta make sure everything matches your 3ds specs in the save. Different models and firmwares need different payloads, all we can tell you is make absolute certain that its the correct payload, and that boot.3dsx is at the root of the SD, and isn't corrupted

Those are the only reasons it would crash

udelgadochio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just gotta make sure everything matches your 3ds specs in the save. Different models and firmwares need different payloads, all we can tell you is make absolute certain that its the correct payload, and that boot.3dsx is at the root of the SD, and isn't corrupted

Those are the only reasons it would crash

Thanks, I've even put the payload manually and downloaded it from the homebrew website, boot.3dsx is in the root and I'm pretty sure it isn't corrupted because I launch HBomebrew from the .cia, so I don't know what could it be, I even redownloaded the starter.zip 3 times!

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks, I've even put the payload manually and downloaded it from the homebrew website, boot.3dsx is in the root and I'm pretty sure it isn't corrupted because I launch HBomebrew from the .cia, so I don't know what could it be, I even redownloaded the starter.zip 3 times!
oot3dhax won't launch on a9lh consoles. You only use the a9lh console to install the hax to launch on a stock console.

Reactions: udelgadochio

udelgadochio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
oot3dhax won't launch on a9lh consoles. You only use the a9lh console to install the hax to launch on a stock console.

Oh My God! I past overnight just trying to figure what could I be possibly doing wrong, thanks for the advice, now I can keep moving on :bow:

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can just use steelhax still, because system reports 11.2 even after nfirm downgrade. That's how i did anyway when using system transfer from a cfw 3ds.

Last edited by rasputin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning