Hacking Issue with updating 3DS system firmware!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,446
  • Replies 26

Am i a literal idiot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted User

OP
Ok, so i was going to the eShop to grab Nintendo Anime Channel, but it told me there was a system update ready. I thought "No biggie, i have Luma3DS, i'll just update normally" and went to system settings. Then (Shocker!) i went to the system update area, and tapped Ok a bunch of times. Now, there was a long period where there would be nothing in the loading bar, just gray. or grey. When a small bit of blue finally appeared, an error almost immediately flashed up, and clicking ok rebooted my new 2ds xl.

How do i fix this? I read that you have to change your DNS (Man, that gives me Wii flashbacks) to 8.8.8.8, but i'm not currently sure if that's the solution though.

D

Deleted User

OP
Ok, so i was going to the eShop to grab Nintendo Anime Channel, but it told me there was a system update ready. I thought "No biggie, i have Luma3DS, i'll just update normally" and went to system settings. Then (Shocker!) i went to the system update area, and tapped Ok a bunch of times. Now, there was a long period where there would be nothing in the loading bar, just gray. or grey. When a small bit of blue finally appeared, an error almost immediately flashed up, and clicking ok rebooted my new 2ds xl.

How do i fix this? I read that you have to change your DNS (Man, that gives me Wii flashbacks) to 8.8.8.8, but i'm not currently sure if that's the solution though.
Literally just found out that NAC shut down, oof.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. Is the problem that your 3DS won't update, or is the problem that you updated and are now having issues?
  2. Which system version are you on? (check the system settings)
  3. What happens when you boot the 3DS while holding the Select button? If the configuration settings page is displayed, which version of Luma3DS is displayed at the top?

D

Deleted User

OP
  1. Is the problem that your 3DS won't update, or is the problem that you updated and are now having issues?
  2. Which system version are you on? (check the system settings)
  3. What happens when you boot the 3DS while holding the Select button? If the configuration settings page is displayed, which version of Luma3DS is displayed at the top?
1. The issue is with updating. Not with an update causing issues.
2. System version: 11.10.0-43E
3. Luma3DS version: V10.0.1

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But what has this to do with the system update?
I was trying to download Nintendo Anime Channel (But i can't because i read that it was removed from eShop) but the eShop told me there was an update, and wouldn't allow me to enter the Shop.
:mellow:

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. The issue is with updating. Not with an update causing issues.
2. System version: 11.10.0-43E
3. Luma3DS version: V10.0.1

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was trying to download Nintendo Anime Channel (But i can't because i read that it was removed from eShop) but the eShop told me there was an update, and wouldn't allow me to enter the Shop.
:mellow:
Have you done any sort of region changing on the 3DS? Have you messed with the system files at all? Are you using a DNS of any kind? Does the eShop launch normally?

Reactions: NoNAND
D

Deleted User

OP
Have you done any sort of region changing on the 3DS? Have you messed with the system files at all? Are you using a DNS of any kind? Does the eShop launch normally?
I haven't done any region changing, and i don't think i'm using a DNS. If by "messed with the system files" you mean custom themes, then yeah. The eShop launches normally, but doesn't show the NNID login screen

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't done any region changing, and i don't think i'm using a DNS. If by "messed with the system files" you mean custom themes, then yeah. The eShop launches normally, but doesn't show the NNID login screen
If the eShop launches normally, then there is no system update to be installed.

D

Deleted User

OP
If the eShop launches normally, then there is no system update to be installed.
What i meant was that it just goes straight to the whole "There is a new system update available!" screen. Maybe i'm hallucinating.

D

Deleted User

OP
Considering there's no other alternative, yes, that could provide us with more information on the current problem you're facing.
We might give you better help that way.
Alright, here's the message i get when opening the eShop.
2019-07-26-17-20-39-165-bot.png

I read somewhere about an app that spoofs firmware allowing the eshop to run on older firmwares, but i haven't tried it yet. It it works, then i may lock the thread as i wouldn't have a problem anymore.

Reactions: NoNAND

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, here's the message i get when opening the eShop.

I read somewhere about an app that spoofs firmware allowing the eshop to run on older firmwares, but i haven't tried it yet. It it works, then i may lock the thread as i wouldn't have a problem anymore.
Bypassing the update doesn't actually solve the problem of why the update won't install in the first place.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
You did get the app from eshop or from unofficial sources as in a .CIA file?
If that's the case then this app might have some kind of firmware spoof it tricking the system to install the latest update which you clearly currently have

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
You did get the app from eshop or from unofficial sources as in a .CIA file?
If that's the case then this app might have some kind of firmware spoof it tricking the system to install the latest update which you clearly currently have
I don't understand what you mean by "you did get the app from eshop or from unofficial sources as in a .CIA file?" but i did try the spoof app. Nothing about updates. Just eshop spoofing and region patching.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse