Hacking Issue with Rock Band and Guitar Hero: World Tour DLC

nicko68

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I load RB2 or GHWT from the usb drive (or a DVD-R), when I try to play DLC off the SD card, it says that the song is out of date and cannot be restored to Wii system memory, please download it again. Playing off the original disc works fine.

Anyone else have, and maybe solved, this issue?

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah that's a problem. What you CAN do, however, is insert a DIFFERENT sd card, and download the same DLC again, and use one card for DLC on-disc and one for usb loader DLC. When you redownload them in the loader, they'll work with the loader, but not with the disc, and vice versa.

jwalk

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same issue as described above.

If I play Guitar Hero World tour from the original disc and download songs to an SDHC card then I'm able to play them without problem (if still running the game from the disc).

However, if I run the game from USB loader, I can't play DLC-songs from SDHC hard (nor can I download them to the card), GHWT will tell me that there's an error when trying to download them there, and when trying to play them GHWT will tell me the songs are out of date.

The solution described above does not work; "just using a different SD card". So, how can this problem be solved? I know of other people with the exact same problem so I'm not alone.

Basically; how can you play GHWT from the USB loader and still play DLC from an SD / SDHC card?

Thanks.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does this problem persist if your USB loader itself is stored on the USB hard drive (FAT32 partition)?
As in, USB:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
Then the loader isn't running off of the SD card.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone put it very succinctly in another thread:the disc game doesnt know about dlc youve downloaded when playing the hd game, and the hd game doesnt know about dlc youve downloaded when playing with the disc game.given the choice of redownloading all my dlc just to play with my loader, i chose to just go back to playing off the disc.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
someone put it very succinctly in another thread:the disc game doesnt know about dlc youve downloaded when playing the hd game, and the hd game doesnt know about dlc youve downloaded when playing with the disc game.given the choice of redownloading all my dlc just to play with my loader, i chose to just go back to playing off the disc.

How does the game know how it was run? You're saying that DLC downloaded to the SD card when playing from a loader won't get detected when running it off of a disk later? I don't buy it.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
You're saying that DLC downloaded to the SD card when playing from a loader won't get detected when running it off of a disk later? I don't buy it.
how what or why its doing what its doing, i have no idea...all i know is that when you attempt to play a song which was downloaded via the other method in rb2, it tells you the song is outdated and requires redownload - now, you can either do that for all of your songs, or you can roll back to the disc, which is what i did.

easy enough to test though, isnt it?

jwalk

Trophies
XP
Country
This is clearly an issue, and I can't believe no one has a solution to it.

The thing is, when I play GHWT from the HD, it really can't access the SD-card in a proper way at all.

Say I have no DLC stored anywhere.

I start GHWT and go into the music shop.
I buy a song, it starts downloading.
After it has finished it will ask me for permissions to store the song on the SD-card:
"Allow Guitar Hero to Save add-on content to the SD Card?"
I give the permissions and it starts transferring.

Now right at the end of the transfer there is an error;
"ERROR. 201017: An error occured. Wait awhile and try again. If the same error keeps appearing, visit support.nintendo.com."

Now if I go to Archive (Options -> Archive) in the game it will appear as if the song is stored on both the Wii itself, and the SD-card (despite the previous error). I CAN PLAY the song, however this is because the song is actually stored on the Wii.

Now, if I in Archive try to delete the song, either from the Wii or the SD card, there will be another error. If I go back to the system menu and check the SD card, and the Wii itself, I find that there actually IS NOTHING stored on the SD card, and in the Wii the "Guiter Hero World Tour songs file" is stored (the Archive file). I delete this file from the Wii, and go back in the game. Now GHWT will tell me that there's no Archive-file and it has to be created and so on, and we're back at square 1, with no songs stored on the Wii or the SD card.

If I were to download songs with the GHWT disc inserted, everything would work out just fine, even moving them to the SD card of course. However, if I then would try to play the songs from the game in HD, it would tell me the songs are out of date and need to be re-downloaded.

If anyone wonders, I have the Waninkoko sys menu 4.0E and the cIOS36 rev13b installed.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just realized this too. My SDHC works with the system menu and the HBC, but its saying that "The device inserted in the SD Card Slot cannot be used" when using USB Loader GX.
frown.gif

nuke888

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jservs7 said:
I just realized this too. My SDHC works with the system menu and the HBC, but its saying that "The device inserted in the SD Card Slot cannot be used" when using USB Loader GX.
frown.gif

Yeah unfortunally hbs supports fat32/sdhc but almost all the apps still support fat16 only I hope they at least release new wad managers and usb loaders with fat32 support since now 16GB and more Sdhc are needed and by sd specifications they have to be formatted @ fat32.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hamtotem said:
jservs7 said:
frown.gif
doesnt that happen with the disc too. i dont think either game supports sdhc
Yea I just realized this as well. That blows.
frown.gif

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have tested RB2 DLC redownloading with USB loader DX and it now works. I guess my next task is to get another SD card (has anyone had any luck with SDHC cards?) Now, using that loader, GHWT has no WiFi access. Is it the loader? I seem to remember that a different loader I tried a long time ago had the Wifi working. Since it's not possible to download DLC again without that, I'm screwed for now.

Also, is there an easy way to just create a different card with the songs so they don't have to be redownloaded? This is especially an issue if I end up having issues with a loader and need to switch back to the disc (like maybe when GH5 comes out) that I can quickly update that library if all I was using was the loader.

Thanks for any input.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds