Issue with my monitor

lopez1324

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few hours ago I was playing on my Wii just fine using a Wii2Hdmi adapter to connect to my monitor. Now when I turn on my Wii my monitor is getting no signal, and it is making these very quiet high-pitched noises. Is there any fix for this? (I've also tried using multiple different HDMI cables with the same result.) [Edit: My monitor is not dead, as I can use my computer on it just fine. The high pitched noise is also something that regularly happens when switching sources, but this time its just making the noise non-stop.] My monitor model is an Acer LCD SA230.

Last edited by lopez1324,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If there is a quite high pitched noise, there may a capasitor broken. If you open the monitor you may find a bloaded one or more. If you have some solder skill they can be easy changed by soldering new ones of the same capacity (take care of +/-).
1669074268699.png

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know what kind of monitor you have, but some (especially CRT) can be very dangerous, and should only be opened by someone that knows about that and what precautions to take.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE