Gaming Issue with Majoras Mask 3DS

SaltyMcSalterson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Jap N3DS - but I have installed a USA Majoras Mask .cia - When I launch, it says an update is needed, I download update and it seems to download fine but it won't launch afterwards and just force closes down and 3DS just restarts back to main screen. I have Luma3DS on with region free emulation turned on as well....anyone have any suggestions?

Update: I have a feeling that it needs a usa update file and it's trying to get a JAP one from the eshop. How can i update it manually?

Last edited by SaltyMcSalterson,

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure but
go to that iso zone or the chaos site and find the USA Update cia for the Game. Might work.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Jap N3DS - but I have installed a USA Majoras Mask .cia - When I launch, it says an update is needed, I download update and it seems to download fine but it won't launch afterwards and just force closes down and 3DS just restarts back to main screen. I have Luma3DS on with region free emulation turned on as well....anyone have any suggestions?

Update: I have a feeling that it needs a usa update file and it's trying to get a JAP one from the eshop. How can i update it manually?
Install CIAngel and look for the Majoras Mask Update for US
https://github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus

You need to match the region of the CIA, so you will need the US update 1.1

Also, make sure you have the txt file with the corresponding title ID in the luma/locales folder to enable English. Majora's mask is one that wont boot on a JP system by default, if using a EU or US cia.

Last edited by retrofan_k,
Reactions: Ricken

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)