Homebrew Question Issue with Homebrew, SXOS and Joycons

dingusmingus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How goes it folks. Heres my situation. I am running FW 5.1.0 using SXOS. I have downloaded and put the HBMENU.nro and the appstore on my microSD with the NRO in the root and the appstore in the \switch folder as required. Currently when I boot into SXOS I can go to the homebrew section and see the app store. I CAN click on the appstore and get it running. However, once it is up and running both joycons become un-responsive. I can not control the menu system nor can i use the touchscreen BUT, if i press the home button it will take me back out to the main home screen so the system is not locked up. This also happened when i manually but on the RetroNX NRO as well. It would fire up and become unresponsive completely however the home button would take me back to the home screen as it is supposed to.

Anyone else experiencing this "bug"? Is there a fix?

Thanks for the replies!

EDIT-- all other functionality of SXOS is working. I am able to load backups with no problem and the system works as it should...For some reason this is only happening with anything Homebrew related. This is obviously shooting down my dreams of emulation without having to boot directly into some other option. Trying to keep everything accessible via home brew. As for my SD Card it is formatted in exFAT. I dont know if that is having an issue with homebrew or not but i figured i would mention it...although i don't see why that would affect my joycon useability only on homebrew apps.

Last edited by dingusmingus,

Penhawk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm having the exact same problem, except im using switch firmware 9.0.0 and the newest version of kosmos alomg with the newest version of atmosphere. it took me forever to re hack my switch but once i finally got the hb menu up, my joycons wont work on anything homebrew related.

Magik0722

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm having the exact same problem, except im using switch firmware 9.0.0 and the newest version of kosmos alomg with the newest version of atmosphere. it took me forever to re hack my switch but once i finally got the hb menu up, my joycons wont work on anything homebrew related.
I am also having this problem.

aclearersky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone figured out a fix for this cause mine is doing the same?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

HAs anyone figured out a fix for this issue. I just updated to 9.0.1 and now i can load up hbmenu then the controllers quit responding. Touch screen works fine but nothing else

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How goes it folks. Heres my situation. I am running FW 5.1.0 using SXOS. I have downloaded and put the HBMENU.nro and the appstore on my microSD with the NRO in the root and the appstore in the \switch folder as required. Currently when I boot into SXOS I can go to the homebrew section and see the app store. I CAN click on the appstore and get it running. However, once it is up and running both joycons become un-responsive. I can not control the menu system nor can i use the touchscreen BUT, if i press the home button it will take me back out to the main home screen so the system is not locked up. This also happened when i manually but on the RetroNX NRO as well. It would fire up and become unresponsive completely however the home button would take me back to the home screen as it is supposed to.

Anyone else experiencing this "bug"? Is there a fix?

Thanks for the replies!

EDIT-- all other functionality of SXOS is working. I am able to load backups with no problem and the system works as it should...For some reason this is only happening with anything Homebrew related. This is obviously shooting down my dreams of emulation without having to boot directly into some other option. Trying to keep everything accessible via home brew. As for my SD Card it is formatted in exFAT. I dont know if that is having an issue with homebrew or not but i figured i would mention it...although i don't see why that would affect my joycon useability only on homebrew apps.
The appstore wants to be located in "sd:/switch/appstore/". Also, make sure you are entering the HBMenu via title override and NOT applet mode.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Get the latest kosmos releases and delete everything except your Nintendo folder, xci,nsp important files and put clean files

update the firmware using choi if u don’t want to update sysnand then create emunand first and update that

imput device library drivers was updated to work on 9.0

aclearersky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the latest kosmos releases and delete everything except your Nintendo folder, xci,nsp important files and put clean files

update the firmware using choi if u don’t want to update sysnand then create emunand first and update that

imput device library drivers was updated to work on 9.0

Thanks ... I just used kosmos updater and it fixed the problem. A file must have gotten corrupt cause my Mac doesn't play nice with the switch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs