Issue with hacked Xbox1 back compatibility on my RGH 360

2number9s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have been installing my classic xbox games on my RGH and they all work fine except for 3.

I first noticed this with a game called Red Ninja. The ingame cutscene would have audio desync. I thought it was because this game was not officially supported so I ignored it.

Then I tried with Fatal Frame 2 and the FMV has the exact same problem and I know this is not an issue for other people. Later today, I discovered that Otogi 2's ingame cutscene also suffers from this issue.

Every other game however, works as it should. My PAL 360 is a Trinity, I installed the back compat files correctly on the HddX and my games are also on the internal HDD.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably nothing you can do. iirc, the xbox hacked compatibility files only add compatibility for a few more titles. there's one from 2018, which is the latest, and this compatibility afaik is done by microsoft.

2number9s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
probably nothing you can do. iirc, the xbox hacked compatibility files only add compatibility for a few more titles. there's one from 2018, which is the latest, and this compatibility afaik is done by microsoft.
I could accept that if the issue was only on Otogi 2/Red Ninja (since they're not officially supported) but people who play Fatal Frame 2 on the Xbox 360 do not have this issue at all.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could accept that if the issue was only on Otogi 2/Red Ninja (since they're not officially supported) but people who play Fatal Frame 2 on the Xbox 360 do not have this issue at all.
Only on the FMV (for FF2)? Could be because the game is the ntsc version and you're on a PAL console, make sure it's set to 60hz on the video settings..

2number9s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I solved it but I will leave this here so others know what to do.

If you're a RGH 360 PAL owner, you'll need to reflash your NAND if you want all of the Xbox1 compatibility files have to offer.

Make a dump of your NAND using Flash360.

Then open it on your PC using the 360 flash tool (you'll need your CPU key). Then go to Tools<EditConfig, change the Game and Video Region settings to USA/NTSC and save it as updflash.bin. For good measure, you can also change the region to 0x00FF | NTSC-US just in case.
After that, copy it to your usb and reflash the nand using Flash360. All the 3 games I mentioned on my original post no longer have desynced cutscenes.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I solved it but I will leave this here so others know what to do.

If you're a RGH 360 PAL owner, you'll need to reflash your NAND if you want all of the Xbox1 compatibility files have to offer.

Make a dump of your NAND using Flash360.

Then open it on your PC using the 360 flash tool (you'll need your CPU key). Then go to Tools<EditConfig, change the Game and Video Region settings to USA/NTSC and save it as updflash.bin. For good measure, you can also change the region to 0x00FF | NTSC-US just in case.
After that, copy it to your usb and reflash the nand using Flash360. All the 3 games I mentioned on my original post no longer have desynced cutscenes.
I forgot to tell you that the 50/60hz settings can only be changed if you have either component or composite cables plugged in, not hdmi. It's good that you've found an alternative to that, though i don't know how safe or risky it is doing that..

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to tell you that the 50/60hz settings can only be changed if you have either component or composite cables plugged in, not hdmi. It's good that you've found an alternative to that, though i don't know how safe or risky it is doing that..
He's probably good. E79 error, or one red light, is the usual outcome of a flashing disaster. Lol

Reactions: 2number9s

2number9s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
He's probably good. E79 error, or one red light, is the usual outcome of a flashing disaster. Lol
I tested a bunch of games after the flashing (and restarting) and I did not see any E79 error or red light at all.
The only things I changed from the NAND were the region parts. Otherwise, it was 1:1 the same that's why it was safe.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested a bunch of games after the flashing (and restarting) and I did not see any E79 error or red light at all.
The only things I changed from the NAND were the region parts. Otherwise, it was 1:1 the same that's why it was safe.
You're probably good.

2number9s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dashlaunch has an option to spoof console region.
Do not mess with your NAND if you do not have to.
Region spoof doesn't work with Xbox1 games. The emulator seems to read some type of internal hardcoded information that the console is PAL and runs automatically at 50Hz, hence the NAND flash.
The only other thing I'm not sure of is whether PAL60 would have fixed it but I only had an HDMI cable so I couldn't try.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only other thing I'm not sure of is whether PAL60 would have fixed it but I only had an HDMI cable so I couldn't try.
I think it would have..a lot of folk had similar problems with 50/60hz (xbox) games back then and doing that fixed it. and since it can only be changed when using component/ composite cables you have no way of knowing what the system is set to until you do that. Kind of a dumb move by MS..

Reactions: 2number9s

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Region spoof doesn't work with Xbox1 games. The emulator seems to read some type of internal hardcoded information that the console is PAL and runs automatically at 50Hz, hence the NAND flash.
Probably like the ps3. The ps3 isn't region locked, for ps3 games, but they are for ps2. In your case, I guess the 360 and Xbox games use different settings. There was an app that I know could change a game's region rather than the console. I was always wondering what the point of that would be, since stock wouldn't read the game. Maybe this is it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.