Issue with burning X 360 games with IMGburn

paburo-san666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I tried to burn an ISO that sizes 8,13 GB, but my virgin DVD DL reaches up to 7,96 GB. Still burnt the disc, but i got an error message ("Oh no") and I can't use that disc again. There's something I can do? Please answer.

PD: Sorry for my bad english, it is not my mother language.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CoolMe , might remember what burner to use, if you need a special one. I had a jtag since before xgd3, so I don't really know much about burning them aside from the fact that layer break is different than xgd2.

Reactions: CoolMe

paburo-san666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@CoolMe , might remember what burner to use, if you need a special one. I had a jtag since before xgd3, so I don't really know much about burning them aside from the fact that layer break is different than xgd2.
But do you know what can I do? Or at least could you bring me a link to see the instructions, please?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you have to overburn xgd3. you may need a special burner as well.

I know back in the day you needed a reflashed LiteOn drive, but I've read that Burnermax apparently changed this so drives are patched on the fly and there's more drives supported, don't know about OP's model though:
https://digiex.net/threads/burnermax-payload-tool-download-burn-xgd3-iso-xbox-360-games.15064/
Some compatible drives:
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...nermax-payload-tool-compateble-drives.894861/

Note: I have not used this method since I had a flashed Liteon, nor the sites I've linked to so I can't verify anything.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an "ASUS-DRW-24F1ST d" DVD burner. Might it work?
Your drive might work, you need BurnerMax in order to overburn the extra information to the disk, here's a guide on Sevensins on how you should set it up before the burn.
Verbatim discs are highly recommended, and if you're not using them, that could be an issue in and of itself..

Reactions: godreborn

paburo-san666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Your drive might work, you need BurnerMax in order to overburn the extra information to the disk, here's a guide on Sevensins on how you should set it up before the burn.
Verbatim discs are highly recommended, and if you're not using them, that could be an issue in and of itself..
For example, I want to burn Far Cry 3... Might it work using burnerMAX and IMGBurn?
Note: I've been using this tutorial as now
https://es.wikihow.com/grabar-juegos-de-Xbox-360-en-discos-DVD

aoidxc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
and how could I know if the iso file is "xgd3"? And what is that?
The iso size, xgd3 games are 8.7.... gb in size.
I put "1913760" sectors on L0 on IMGBurn? There's nothing with it, right?
On xgd3 games you don't have to put this value, you should leave it on "calculate optimal". As a recommendation, burn your game at the lowest speed it allows, and don't use your pc for other tasks until it finishes.

Reactions: DinohScene

stanna

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From what I can remember, I had to buy a special burner drive and put special fw on it so i could burn the newer games (overburn), 1913760 is stuck in my memory, I'm pretty certain I used that for the layer break, I must of burner thousands of discs in my time but it's amazing how you forget.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I can remember, I had to buy a special burner drive and put special fw on it so i could burn the newer games (overburn), 1913760 is stuck in my memory, I'm pretty certain I used that for the layer break, I must of burner thousands of discs in my time but it's amazing how you forget.
as far as I can remember, that's the layer break for xgd2, but I think xgd3 is different.

paburo-san666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Now I have another problem.. I tried to do anything you explained here, and I have already burned Far Cry 3 without any problem, but when I tried to burn Max Payne 3 (disc 1) it suddenly came a lot of reading errors. What's going on? There's something I can do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea