Issue With AIO Switch Updater & Atmosphere Update? (Mariko)

Alsusee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been trying to update my Mariko switch using AIO and was just to trying update AMS to the current version before the firmware update.

After it rebooted to Hekate and I try to launch the emmc using the fusee.bin, some yellow text comes up saying "running aio-switch-updater rcm payload" and then it goes back to Hekate.

I have also tried replacing Atmosphere and Payload contents directly from the relevant sites but still the same.

Does anyone know how to clear this error/bug so it boots into the emmc?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to update my Mariko switch using AIO and was just to trying update AMS to the current version before the firmware update.

After it rebooted to Hekate and I try to launch the emmc using the fusee.bin, some yellow text comes up saying "running aio-switch-updater rcm payload" and then it goes back to Hekate.

I have also tried replacing Atmosphere and Payload contents directly from the relevant sites but still the same.

Does anyone know how to clear this error/bug so it boots into the emmc?

e: Try what @Homlet is suggesting below. I gotta respect a Dev that jumps in and supports his app and he always does.

Try doing a manual update to fix this.

Give yourself a good shot at this by first moving/renaming /atmosphere to /atmosphere.bk and move /bootloader to /bootloader.bk and then continue reading here:

Note: you can skip this instruction because we’ve already moved/renamed /atmosphere above
Before you upgrade Atmosphere, please ensure to delete your /contents/ folder located in /atmosphere/.

https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0

…and then:

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

provided youre now back and booting properly…

Grab the Firmware files from that Darthsternie Firmware site and upgrade using Daybreak.nro that comes with Atmosphere like so:

https://rentry.org/UpgradeDowngrade

Last edited by binkinator,

Homlet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So the payload that says "running aio-switch-updater rcm payload" is the aio switch updater rcm payload. What it should do is exist as payload.bin once you update with aio, then overwrite itself with the hekate payload and then launch the hekate payload.
It is weird that you'd have a fusee.bin payload that is actually aio's payload, my software couldn't have done that.

To solve your problem, you could just boot into your emummc directly from hekate. If you insist on using fusee.bin, make sure your fusee.bin payload is actually fusee (so re-download it).
If somehow that doesn't work just download a clean hekate payload, name it payload.bin and place it in the root of your sd card. Then directly boot through hekate or get a fusee.bin payload

Alsusee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So the payload that says "running aio-switch-updater rcm payload" is the aio switch updater rcm payload. What it should do is exist as payload.bin once you update with aio, then overwrite itself with the hekate payload and then launch the hekate payload.
It is weird that you'd have a fusee.bin payload that is actually aio's payload, my software couldn't have done that.

To solve your problem, you could just boot into your emummc directly from hekate. If you insist on using fusee.bin, make sure your fusee.bin payload is actually fusee (so re-download it).
If somehow that doesn't work just download a clean hekate payload, name it payload.bin and place it in the root of your sd card. Then directly boot through hekate or get a fusee.bin payload

I've tried replacing the payload.bin on the root but this makes no difference and even tried to boot to emummc in Hekate but that boots to a blank screen.

I've tried booting to sysnand and that worked so thought it was my emummc that got corrupted. I renamed the folder and created a new emummc AND replaced (by that I mean I renamed the old ones and then copied) the Atmosphere folder AND the Bootloader folders with current fresh ones. Launching to emummc produced a blank screen.

In the end, I think it was a combination of a corrupt emummc and stale bits in the warmboot_mariko folder. I did try to put back my old emummc after clearing out the warmboot_mariko but it still didn't work. Oh well, at least its working now and I'm not really precious about my saves.

Thank you all for the assistance especially @Homlet for guidance on where to look so I could logically work out what was going on.

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.