Hacking Issue with a few games froze at loading SoftMii

nqd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Chicken Shoot(PAL) and the Gravity (PAL) games and both SoftMii and gamma loader, they were both frozen at loader screen. And Bleach Shatterred Blade(NTSC) is frozen while loading. I have tried all method to make sure that my back ups are clean, and no errors. I think it's probably the cIOS version just for those games(I used the most recent one from Waninkoko) but not very sure. Say that cIOS rev 7 doesn't work for those game, and I use ISO patcher for them. How do I find the correct IOS for games that does not work?

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well it might be cool if you would share your solution with us, since people might have similar problems.

I don't want to start a whole new topic for my problem...

But...I'm running RiiSkimod v2 and its wonderful of course...but Bomberman Land, Ninjabread Man, and...WiiMusic all don't load.

The disk is recognised. The icon comes up in the disk channel, when I load the game it ends up going to a blank screen or in Ninjabread's case it gets stuck a loading screen, the loading bar doesn't advance.

Six other games I've backed up do well, but those 3 aren't.

Soo...is there a fix similar to the problem above?

Wii Warrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PBC said:
Well it might be cool if you would share your solution with us, since people might have similar problems.

I don't want to start a whole new topic for my problem...

But...I'm running RiiSkimod v2 and its wonderful of course...but Bomberman Land, Ninjabread Man, and...WiiMusic all don't load.

The disk is recognised. The icon comes up in the disk channel, when I load the game it ends up going to a blank screen or in Ninjabread's case it gets stuck a loading screen, the loading bar doesn't advance.

Six other games I've backed up do well, but those 3 aren't.

Soo...is there a fix similar to the problem above?

Have you disabled the force disc region in pl0.27?

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, as far as I know Riiskiimod v2 came with Preloader .25, and I haven't installed softmii yet, which I think comes with Preloader .26

So no..I haven't even installed PL .27 But when I do I'll try that...

nqd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I found a solution but it ended up the same. I patched the iso file into IOS 249 like many other games. It didn't work. Weird that both gamma loader and Riiskiimod v2 doesn't work for those games.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nqd said:
I thought I found a solution but it ended up the same. I patched the iso file into IOS 249 like many other games. It didn't work. Weird that both gamma loader and Riiskiimod v2 doesn't work for those games.

Do these two PAL games work with force PAL60?

About the cIOS, ... no i can't tell it without getting angry.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PBC said:
Well, as far as I know Riiskiimod v2 came with Preloader .25, and I haven't installed softmii yet, which I think comes with Preloader .26

So no..I haven't even installed PL .27 But when I do I'll try that...

He said Have you disabled the "force disc region" it cames with all version of preloader.

If that's not the case here is a quote from Jimzo:
QUOTE(Jizmo @ Jan 22 2009, 12:47 AM) Here's a bit of info I've found while testing. It appears the Disc Channel forces games no matter what region they are to load with the Consoles Video Settings. This means that PAL games that do not have NTSC/60 video mode built into them will not work. They black screen. The result is the same as if you try to run these games with gamma forcing NTSC, except from Gamma they Green Screen freeze. From Disc Channel they Black Screen freeze on me. They still launch fine from gamma as long as you don't try to force a video rate the game doesn't support though. So far 2 out of 14 PAL games have this issue for me. I completely understand the issue is the lack of video support by the title though, not a problem with this Mod package.

nqd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I tested with PAL 60, it works without color. So here is what i get:
Force NTSC: green screen
Force PAL 60: works, no color
Regular PAL: works but screen flash like crazy.

Game is patched into IOS 249 with disc check for no errors.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nqd said:
Okay so I tested with PAL 60, it works without color. So here is what i get:
Force NTSC: green screen
Force PAL 60: works, no color
Regular PAL: works but screen flash like crazy.

Game is patched into IOS 249 with disc check for no errors.

Exactly as i expected.

1. Your tv doesn't support PAL video input, that's why it's black & white, and the screen is falling with "regular" PAL. PAL60 has the resolution 480i and runs at 60Hz, with PAL50 has the resolution 576i and runs at 50Hz(that's the reason for the falling)
2. These two games don't contain the code for NTSC video mode, get my toy and try with it:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=132547

nqd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're awesome. You just saved me a lot of reading
biggrin.gif
thanks a lot

WhiteWingedKnigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Softmii still has some issues, Call Of Duty:WaW loads in the disc channel, but when i click start i get a DRE. Then i went to use Gamma and it worked, funny thing is that all my games work except COD:WaW through the disk channel

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WhiteWingedKnight said:
Softmii still has some issues, Call Of Duty:WaW loads in the disc channel, but when i click start i get a DRE. Then i went to use Gamma and it worked, funny thing is that all my games work except COD:WaW through the disk channel

Is game region = wii region? Does the game work with the Gamma rebooter?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WhiteWingedKnight said:
Its an Original Copy of the USA version, and i have a USA wii, so theres no problems, softmii still needs to work some bugs out, the game works perfectly in Gamma

Hmm, you can't really test the Gamma rebooter while you have softmii installed. But the result would be interesting if you want to fix this bug, as the game is launched by the disc channel then, but in a different way.

WhiteWingedKnigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well to be specific, i was using the final version of riskmii or w/e it was called, and my game shows that its loaded on the disc channel, then when i click start to play, i get the error, please remove disk and turn off power blah blah, on the other hand when i use gamma the game loads with no problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.