Issue running original gamecube disc Zelda Twilight Princess

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by qoil-0, Sep 6, 2010.

1. qoil-0
    OP

Newcomer qoil-0 Newbie

United States
    I recently softmodded my bro's 4.2u wii using a guide on another website.

I was able to play soul calibur 2, p.n.03 and fire blade - all 3 discs are original pal gamecube games, not backups.
    I started the games via disc channel.

HOWEVER when I tried to play my fourth gamecube game(zelda twilight princess), also a pal original disc for the gamecube, the game is recognised as a gamecube one in disc channel and when i press start the wii seems to start loading it but the screen remains blank and nothing happens.

This odd behavior only occurs with zelda twilight princess, and since I have no other gamecube discs that makes a 3/4 success rate :|

I had enabled "region free everything" system hack in priiloader - reason for the 3 games working fine on a ntsc wii.

Then I did something different- disabled the region free everything system hack in priiloader and tried neogamma to boot the soul calibur 2 game. This worked! BUT when I tried the zelda disc the same blank screen was the result.

Next I tried usb loader gx, having a wbfs usb flash drive. I inserted the soul calibur 2 disc, usb loader gx asked if i wanted to mount it and i said yes and it detected the disc as soulcalibur2 and the game started fine!
    I did the same for the zelda game, usb loader gx detected the disc as legend of zelda: twilight princess etc and when i clicked on it to load, SAME BLANK SCREEN!!!

summary of facts:
    gameriginal pal zelda twilight princess for the gamecube
    wii: softmodded 4.2u using mentioned guide^
    other stuff: this zelda game works on a gamecube console, it also works on a pal wii (2 separate wiis i have used in the past)

ANY ideas what the problem might be?

more thoughts/info on the matter:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    You have a NTSC wii and PAL twilight princess? The other three gamecube games are also NTSC? Try to set the force video to disc in neogamma and try it again.

3. qoil-0
    OP

Newcomer qoil-0 Newbie

United States
    ntsc wii, pal retail gamecube twilight princess. The other 3 gamecube games are also pal retails. I forced disc video in neogamma, same result: screen flashes green then remains blank/black.