Feedback Issue loading this site's pages on Android Chrome

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know if this topic has already been covered by others, but ever since this site was updated, pages on Android Google Chrome load much slower than before.
Even after the ads have all loaded, it still struggles to load the entire page.
Now daily I fail to click on the thread that interests me and I can only after several attempts, always risking to report comically the posts selected completely randomly (luckily a window appears asking for the reason), because the page jumps continuously and unexpectedly. Nothing serious, of course, but it is an unexpected annoyance, especially if due to an update of the site, which should improve it.

Greetings. 😉

Last edited by Nikokaro,

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What kind of android device is it? Is it an older device, or a new one?

I haven't noticed any major slowdowns like that when using my phone with chrome, although the ads sometimes mess with me too, lol!

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
A Samsung phone (Android 8) that is 4 or 5 years old.
Hmm, okay. Mine's from December 2016 and has Android 9 as it's last update.
Stupid question, but have you tried rebooting your phone lately? Or have free space?
Mine is slow as heck at the moment because I've filled it to the brim with music. 😅

Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Stupid question, but have you tried rebooting your phone lately? Or have free space?
I reboot it every month after recharging the SIM card. And there's over 10GB of available space plus 7GB on microSD. I forgot to specify that these page "jumps" happen mostly in the main "Forums" section, and more rarely within a thread. I also want to specify that I use a 3G (H+) data line, if that counts for anything. :)

Edit. I also checked using 4G, and the same thing happens.

Last edited by Nikokaro,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you try the edge browser? I didn't see were running android 8 so I'm not sure if the app would be compatible with your device.

If that didn't work try using kiwi browser. I've used that quite a lot with no issues aswel
Current MS Edge should run on Android 6 or newer – 8 is not a problem

Kiwi is my choice as well because of full browser extension support.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No issues here either, Android 10 & Chrome. Though i should note, sometimes when i scroll it kind of glitches out & stutters, scrolling up and down fixes it, but doesn't happen very often.
I've filled it to the brim with music. 😅
Same here, man! Gotta have my tunes with me at all times.. Though my phone is not slow because of it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No issues here either, Android 10 & Chrome. Though i should note, sometimes when i scroll it kind of glitches out & stutters, scrolling up and down fixes it, but doesn't happen very often.

Same here, man! Gotta have my tunes with me at all times.. Though my phone is not slow because of it 🤷🏻‍♂️
Mine doesn't have an SD card, only the internal storage... And it's so full I get a warning that some functions might not be available and stuff 😂 I hope that's the reason it suddenly has become slow, will clean it up and convert some of the music to lossy formats!

• Haha
Reactions: CoolMe and Nikokaro

CloudStrife190100

HaxCommunity
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mine doesn't have an SD card, only the internal storage... And it's so full I get a warning that some functions might not be available and stuff 😂 I hope that's the reason it suddenly has become slow, will clean it up and convert some of the music to lossy formats!

Mines got a 128gb internal storage and 512gb external. Only use about 60gb for games. I use modded versions of Spotify or YouTube music if i want to listen to anything

• Wow

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine doesn't have an SD card, only the internal storage
I have both the internal and SD card close to being full, with the internal around 5GB & sd around 10GB free.
it's so full I get a warning that some functions might not be available and stuff
Could be an Android 9 thing, i never encountered it with Android 10.
ill clean it up and convert some of the music to lossy formats!
Oh no, blasphemy! Are you using flac? Same here, just downsample if you're using anything higher than 16Bit/44.1Khz. Unless you're already using that 😄

• Haha
Reactions: Nikokaro and Issac

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Though i should note, sometimes when i scroll it kind of glitches out & stutters, scrolling up and down fixes it, but doesn't happen very often.
I think that is just a general problem with the mobile site as I aslo get the same problem on my note 20 using Samsung Internet Browser and also when I occasionally use Firefox.

Reactions: Nikokaro and CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: collecting the coins, or wall busting through the game