Hacking Issue after Sharing Memory Card between 2 consoles on different firmware.

BigPanda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,

I have a PSVita Firmware 3.63 and a PSTV on 3.60 taiHen
Both of them are using the same PSN accounts.

I updated recently my PSVita to 3.63 and I sadly swapped the memory from my PSTV to the PSVita.

Yes all purchased games work as expected but now I have a small issue. When I put back the memory card to the PSTV, it states that I must update my firmware to read the card.

Honnestly, I don't care that much not being able to access the files on the pstv since I have another memory card but I must admit that I had adrenaline installed with a game and due to this, I might not have access to the game license data anymore.

Anyone know if there is a way to read the memory card on the PSTV again ?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
If you go into IDU mode on your PSTV, you can put the memory card in and delete the id.dat file on the root of the memory card. Should stop bugging you about formatting it.

EDIT: As a note, you can't put a memory card formatted on a Vita with a higher firmware into a lower firmware without deleting that id.dat every time. So if you have a separate blank memory card, I suggest you use it in the updated Vita instead.

BigPanda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I will, i just want to backup the pkg/license of the psp game for adrenaline first.

Just to make sure I understood the process correctly,

1 - I run taihen and install the idu-mode.vpk
2 - Disconnect & Delete the WiFi settings from the PSTV
3 - Run idu-mode application to go on Kiosk mode
4 - Run VitaShell 1.4 and delete ux0:/id.dat
5 - Run idu-mode to return to retail mode

Are the Update urls are known for PSVita/PSTV so I can block them on my router ?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Yep, that's pretty much all you need to do.

As for update URLs, I don't know of any myself but I don't bother since you can just disable auto updates and the Vita won't ever try and update on you without your own input.

BigPanda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks it is working.

I had to block the update using a proxy since I did not have Offline Installer for Henkaku on the memory card.

Thank you for your help, it was much appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt