Hacking Issue after installing update to EmuNAND on rxtools via internet exploit

lazarus77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After installing the EmuNAND via RxTools exploit on a SysNand of 4.5 I no longer could access the exploit via the internet. I tried clearing history and data and cookies but none helped. In a desperate attempt to try again I formatted my SD and tried again to produce an EmuNAND from scratch but I no longer can get to the exploit at all now; what should I do?

EDIT: forgot to mention this was after formatting the EmuNAND to unlink them and THEN I updated (the EmuNAND) as was told it wouldn't matter which was formatted.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
After installing the EmuNAND via RxTools exploit on a SysNand of 4.5 I no longer could access the exploit via the internet. I tried clearing history and data and cookies but none helped. In a desperate attempt to try again I formatted my SD and tried again to produce an EmuNAND from scratch but I no longer can get to the exploit at all now; what should I do?

EDIT: forgot to mention this was after formatting the EmuNAND to unlink them and THEN I updated (the EmuNAND) as was told it wouldn't matter which was formatted.

Did you update your sysnand by mistake? Have you checked the firmware?

lazarus77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you update your sysnand by mistake? Have you checked the firmware?

Just checked, still on 4.5. I guessed as much though because the UI for the home menu is the same :(.

P.S. I get the "an error has occurred" message when attempting to launch rxtools via the internet browser

lazarus77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm... do you have the files for rxTools in your SD card? Double-check.

After reformatting my SD i placed the original files needed to produce an EmuNAND back on the SD and tried again to no avail so currently there is the RxTools folder,Nintendo 3DS folder (with random numbers inside and sbs folder where it should be), firmware.bin, rxtools.dat and slot0x25keyx.bin in the root folder

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
After reformatting my SD i placed the original files needed to produce an EmuNAND back on the SD and tried again to no avail so currently there is the RxTools folder,Nintendo 3DS folder (with random numbers inside and sbs folder where it should be), firmware.bin, rxtools.dat and slot0x25keyx.bin in the root folder

Hmm... strange. I'm trying to think of what might affect it but I can't think of anything. According to what you said that you did, there should be nothing affection the functionality of the browser. So it's strange to not work now.

lazarus77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm... strange. I'm trying to think of what might affect it but I can't think of anything. According to what you said that you did, there should be nothing affection the functionality of the browser. So it's strange to not work now.

The sad thing is it was all working perfectly even after the format until I upgraded the EmuNAND from within it. Then it stopped working... Is there anything I can check?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The sad thing is it was all working perfectly even after the format until I upgraded the EmuNAND from within it. Then it stopped working... Is there anything I can check?

Well... the obvious thing that could have happened when you updated emunand was that you actually had updated sysnand. And you already checked and know that it wasn't that.
So it could also had been some problem with the files on the SD card but also already checked that.

So I really can't think of anything else that would affect the browser or the exploit from all you said. Maybe someone else will be able to give some input about this.

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Launching from browser should work if you have the correct files on the SD card, even if you don't have the DS profile exploit or anything.

It's not 100%, though. I've actually had it fail 6x and if it was browsing to it in the browse each time i probably would have thrown my system.

lazarus77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well... the obvious thing that could have happened when you updated emunand was that you actually had updated sysnand. And you already checked and know that it wasn't that.
So it could also had been some problem with the files on the SD card but also already checked that.

So I really can't think of anything else that would affect the browser or the exploit from all you said. Maybe someone else will be able to give some input about this.

Launching from browser should work if you have the correct files on the SD card, even if you don't have the DS profile exploit or anything.

It's not 100%, though. I've actually had it fail 6x and if it was browsing to it in the browse each time i probably would have thrown my system.

For some reason this one time out of 18 tries i've done it's worked - is there anyway to quickly install the MSET to make sure this won't happen again?
and how to I install FBI into H&A??

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
For some reason this one time out of 18 tries i've done it's worked - is there anyway to quickly install the MSET to make sure this won't happen again?
and how to I install FBI into H&A??

You can install the Mset exploit just using the browser instead of a DS flashcart. I'll try to find the link.
About FBI into H&A, can't really help since never felt the need to try.

lazarus77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can install the Mset exploit just using the browser instead of a DS flashcart. I'll try to find the link.
About FBI into H&A, can't really help since never felt the need to try.
Not just FBI but any CIA installer for that matter; and thank you for looking for link :)

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not just FBI but any CIA installer for that matter; and thank you for looking for link :)

Found it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/beta-spider-ds-profile-roploader-4-x-only.380725/

I don't remember exactly how it works but I'm sure the comments in the thread should explain more clearly than the first post.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Found it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/beta-spider-ds-profile-roploader-4-x-only.380725/

I don't remember exactly how it works but I'm sure the comments in the thread should explain more clearly than the first post.

Actually I think there's easier way if you simply use FBI to install Mset. I found this in the guide:

To install MSET with FBI, you need to have FBI 1.4. or higher on your sysnand. Simply launch rxmode sysnand, launch FBI, and press SELECT. Now, select "rxtools2x 4.x". MSET should now be installed.

For more info: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

lazarus77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually I think there's easier way if you simply use FBI to install Mset. I found this in the guide:

For more info: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
So now the issue is that within the FBI installer on the last step on the tutorial you gave me it won't install it due to a database error - I followed their help but it didn't work. I am on a mac so that's possibly why, is there any way I can find the .db files elsewhere

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So now the issue is that within the FBI installer on the last step on the tutorial you gave me it won't install it due to a database error - I followed their help but it didn't work. I am on a mac so that's possibly why, is there any way I can find the .db files elsewhere

I don't know about that. Maybe try to ask in FBI thread or rxTools thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end