Hacking Issue about change from A9LH to B9S

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was following the guide on 3ds.hacks.guide and it talks about" system update and deleting all CIAS steps".My question is:there are data loss during the process or not?I've a Nand backup so is ok but I would know if doing it I'll loss something or is all the same.
Is the system update required to follow the guide?Because I don't want upgrade to 11.8 firmware

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Because with 11.8 update N detect if you have homebrew apps or fake ones.It's possible to avoid this step?
they can detect it with any firmware,

the problem with 11.8 is the CDN changes, that it sends the ticket (WHEN YOU INSTALL VIA CDN *freeShop/CIAngel* and them tools dont work anymore anyway)
any other reason is mute

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
they can detect it with any firmware,

the problem with 11.8 is the CDN changes, that it sends the ticket (WHEN YOU INSTALL VIA CDN *freeShop/CIAngel* and them tools dont work anymore anyway)
any other reason is mute

So the "update step" is required to finish the guide?Yes I know but I would continue to use my actual firmware to avoid transfer information most possible to avoid any form of ban actually.

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So the "update step" is required to finish the guide?Yes I know but I would continue to use my actual firmware to avoid transfer information most possible to avoid any form of ban actually.
It's not technically needed, but again, 11.8 isn't any less safe than other versions. What gets sent is the same as older firmware versions, no extra data sending was introduces whatsoever, so just update

Last edited by lAkdaOpeKA,

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
All gone perfectly :)
Now I've only an extra question:there's any method to load old luma versions on my 3ds?'I'm able to follow also the most difficult but I would know if is possible with B9s

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
All gone perfectly :)
Now I've only an extra question:there's any method to load old luma versions on my 3ds?'I'm able to follow also the most difficult but I would know if is possible with B9s
Well with B9S you can run down to 7.1, and BootCTR should be able to load all the older versions that need A9LH, but why would you want to run an older Luma version?

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well with B9S you can run down to 7.1, and BootCTR should be able to load all the older versions that need A9LH, but why would you want to run an older Luma version?
I would use Keckeon patch(6.6 IIRC).It is an .bin A9LH file.Can I use it so?

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Could you give me some instructions about how use BootCTR or where found a guide?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Could you give me some instructions about how use BootCTR or where found a guide?
You really don't need BootCTR anymore, Luma3DS has a perfectly functioning chainloader built right into it. Plus BootCTR has basically been replaced with Fastboot3DS at this point.

Reactions: lAkdaOpeKA

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just don't use the Keckeon patch. It's not needed. You're only going to run into issues by using such an old Luma version

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You really don't need BootCTR anymore, Luma3DS has a perfectly functioning chainloader built right into it. Plus BootCTR has basically been replaced with Fastboot3DS at this point.
Does fastboot3ds support A9LH payloads too?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Does fastboot3ds support A9LH payloads too?
Not to my knowledge...although that seems like a rather pointless feature to have since all the important A9LH payloads updated to support B9S after the release of B9S.
(I will test it out though just because)
Tested and it doesn't even show the .bin file. But as previously stated, it's a pointless features because there's no reason to support A9LH payloads anymore.

Last edited by The Catboy,

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Turning back to the main point:I've luma 9.1 and on the menu there's a yellow string "booted from sd with B9S".
So I can update without issued because I've B9S now right?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Turning back to the main point:I've luma 9.1 and on the menu there's a yellow string "booted from sd with B9S".
So I can update without issued because I've B9S now right?
You are safe to update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning