CompC

OP
Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't really know very much about hacked PSPs, my friend set mine up for me a while ago. Then I learned more about everything but it's been a while since I last used my PSP and I pretty much forgot everything. :/

Anyway, ISOs and CSOs won't play. I'm on a PSP-1000 and the firmware is 5.5 GEN-D3. When I try to open a game, it just says "The game could not be started. (80020148)". I can't seem to get anything to work. Can anyone help?

Emulators work (and so does homebrew like Cave Story) but just not CSOs and ISOs. I don't remember changing anything… I just picked up my PSP after not touching it for a few months, so I could play Kingdom Hearts again.

Thanks.

Also, should I update to 6.something? My friend set up my PSP over a year ago and said 6.whatever just makes it annoying. Has anything changed since then? Is updating safe, should I update, and if so, how?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Push Select on the XMB and bring up the VSH menu. Change the No UMD mode to the Sony np9660 driver.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're specfically talking about Kingdom Hearts it won't work because your firmware is out of date. You didn't actually list which games you were erroring on so the UMD Driver was a general fix. If it's only newer games being problematic and not EVERY ISO, then you need to update. Follow Rydian's Hacking guide.

CompC

OP
Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
But I've played Kingdom Hearts before. It wasn't the same ISO, but I've tried multiple ISOs from different sources and a few different games and they're all giving me this problem.

In the past I played the English version of Birth by Sleep and part of the Japanese Final Mix with an English patch. Other games don't work anymore, either, though. It's not just Kingdom Hearts.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The ISO you played before was probably patched.

What's the oldest game you have that won't load. Have you tried both ISO Drivers?

CompC

OP
Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
Well when I said "other games" I guess I was just assuming all other games wouldn't work, from the two others I have.

Two versions of Birth by Sleep Final Mix (Japanese clean ISO and English patched ISO) won't work, Dissidia won't work, and the Tetris PSP mini doesn't work.

I kind of want to just unhack it somehow and hack it again so I can start fresh, maybe on 6.6 (since that seems to be what I can go up to) unless that's a bad idea…

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by both ISO drivers, but I've tried every option for UMD Mode and none of them work.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Just follow Rydian's hacking guide to update to 6.60 PRO B10. That should solve things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Thanks for trying. :)
    +1
    ill just use edge and watch nintendo videos on firefox. lolol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    monkey brains
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    Did you try the breakfast one they make?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    A good salmon Poké bowl with some cream cheese is decadent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's really not bad you just think of cold cream cheese
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    being lactose intolerant is a sin
    I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat grilled cream cheese would be top notch
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @ZeroT21 tons of ingredients contains lactose more or less sadly. Makes them tummy aches and farts-o-lantern rocket launches
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: