OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dear Forum members,
I am trying to get a 200gb card full of psp iso's on my psp 1003
The psp is hacked CFW 6,60 pro-c and i have installed the categories lite plugin

The card gets recognized (full capacity) i get some games to work, but when i reach the 40th-50th game (around 57.7 gb)
all games after that get corrupted. I am copying the games directly to the sd on my pc and use a adapter.

already formatted the card twice and checked it with H2testw to check if my card is alright. No problems there

Anyone has a good idea?
thanks in advance

Methanoid

Trophies
XP
Country
A fake card with 64GB real capacity (appx 58Gb formatted capacity)? Go back to your seller for refund?

Lijer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dear methanoid, like stated before i already checked the sd card with the program H2testW. Is is not a fake card.
I already filled it with about 120 gigs of games, which i can see on my pc, but not my PSP.

Just when i reach the 57 gb limit, the psp says its corrupted, my pc says everything is fine

D

Deleted User

i know the psp doesn't like large memory cards from personal experience, i've got a lot of games that just say there's not enough free space if i try to save them onto a large memory card, maybe it's just the psp itself being fussy? have you tried another card just in case?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Lijer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have tried many different format options, combine with duo stick adapter, but nothing works . The psp does not like 200gb sandisk sd cards. I also did some google search and i found some one who has tested the 200gb to the max, and he also stated the psp does not accept a sandisk 200gb. Like latodile suggested, i tried a 128 gb sandisk and this one works flawlessy..

D

Deleted User

yeah i figured, i've only got 64gb in mine and some games refuse to let me save unless i create a save file in an emulator or on a psp with a smaller card, and then copy it over
you might encounter the same problem, i know that wipeout, outrun 2006 and ridge racer have this problem

Lijer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will test the games you mentioned and see how it works over here. I’ll get back to you on that . Thanks for the help

dh8d1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSP was made before ExFAT was a filesystem. For this reason it might be possible that the machine cannot read ExFAT cards accurately but can read FAT32 cards. I suggest 32gb or less for PSP. PS Vita can read up to 1TB and I have personally tested this in Adrenaline and it works fine. So, it's not the software.

Also, loading more than 32gb in games on a PSP is definitely slow for loading the directory of games.

D

Deleted User

The PSP was made before ExFAT was a filesystem. For this reason it might be possible that the machine cannot read ExFAT cards accurately but can read FAT32 cards. I suggest 32gb or less for PSP. PS Vita can read up to 1TB and I have personally tested this in Adrenaline and it works fine. So, it's not the software.

Also, loading more than 32gb in games on a PSP is definitely slow for loading the directory of games.
fat32 can officially support up to 2tb, it's just modern windows doesn't let you format anything over 32gb
psp can't read exfat, and formatting using the system settings uses fat32

Lijer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i test the games you mentioned.. i have no save problems whatsoever.. all games work flawlessy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s